Learning to live: make up

"Wake up mockingjay! You're getting married!" Johanna screamed jumping on me.

"5 more minutes" I murmured.

"I don't think so" somebody said, who I assumed to be Annie.

I felt Johanna pull the quilt off the bed.

"Johanna" I growled.

"Well get your arse up out of this bed an into the shower"

"Urgg" I turned over to my other side.

Johanna started kicking me in my back so I would fall out of bed. "I've tried to be nice an that is not working so get up"

"You're never nice" I mumbled. Maybe a little too loud because she gave one almighty donkey kick in my back sending me flying off the kingsize bed.

I opened one eye to see a mass of shiny ginger hair.

"Come on get In the shower" Annie said pulling me up.

I staggered into the bathroom half asleep the spring morning peeping threw the windows. The heat of the shower bounced down on to my olive skin. I looked down at my fuller body thinking back to my first games over 3 years ago now when my body was much frailer. Now I had quite big legs, a bit of podge on my stomach an a much fuller face. I wasn't fat, no where near it was just inevitable to be skinny with the amount of food peeta feeds me, an I don't think I would want to be as skinny as I was. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind quickly realising I hadn't done my game. Repeat, repeat, repeat. The timer can off the shower an the water shut off, opening the door to the shower. Freezing I finally plucked up the courage to step out on the cold tiles. I wrapped my arms around my naked froze body in search for a towel.

"I think you're looking for this" a familiar voice chirped.

I whipped around hoping it was who I thought it was.

"Octavia" I said in shock.

"Katniss darling" she sweetly smiled wrapping the warm towel freshly out of the dryer around me.

"Is-" I didn't have to finish my sentence, just like that Flavius and venia appeared in the doorway.

"I can't believe you're all here!" I excitedly said.

"My my katniss we have missed you!" Venia excitedly hugged me.

"Katniss darling your hair it actually looks healthy" Flavius said shocked. "Now come on I have a lot of styling to do" he said pushing me out of the bathroom.

"Thank god I thought you would never get out" Johanna pushed passed me.

"I'm the bride" I jokingly said.

"an ugly one" she shot back slamming the door.

"Is that?-" venia asked almost in shock.

"Johanna mason yep an she is quite a character" I laughed.

"And you're doing her hair makeup an nails too" Annie also laughed.

Flavius tried to hide his fear by smiling but completely failed.

"Don't worry she Isn't like that with everyone just katniss an occasionally haymitch" Annie told my prep team.

This seemed to ease them.

"Yeah she's kinda uptight at the moment, she's going threw a break up" I whispered.

They all nodded there head somehow understanding.

"so katniss how would you like your hair?" Flavius asked me.

"Erm well Effie insist that I wear a veil an my hair has to be up but other than that anything" I told him, not really bothered how I have my hair.