Learning to live: phone call

Me an Johanna sat on my couch eating peeta's cheese buns an other fatty foods watching tv.

"I can't believe they are still not back" Johanna said.

"I know they're probably still drunk somewhere" I laughed

"Hey, I meant to ask you before, do you think delly was acting weird last night?" Johanna asked opening a bag of crisp.

"Erm I guess why, I don't think she was drinking was she?" I answered.

"No I don't think so, she was quite quiet all night, she's been dead off lately" Johanna shrugged. "So if she wasn't drinking why was she being sick?" Johanna said shoving more food in her mouth.

"I don't know" I mulled it over in my head for a few seconds. "You don't think she's?" I didn't even finish.

"Oh my god delly is pregnant" Johanna looked at me in shock.

"She can't be? She isn't even 18 yet? No she would of Said something" I shook the thought away.

"No she definitely is, she's been acting so weird"

"That doesn't mean" I thought about it for a second. "Holy shit delly is pregnant!" I laughed in shock.

"Wow do you reckon thom knows?" She asked.

"Probably, I don't know, if he does he's probably told the boys" i answered. "This is going to kill peeta" I sighed at the thought.

Johanna narrowed her eyebrows at me in confusion.

"Peeta asked me for a baby" I put my face in my hands.

"That's not exactly a surprise I mean we all know he wants kids" Johanna replied

"Yeah but I didn't think he would want them so soon"

"An what did you say?" Johanna asked me

"I said no, but I've been thinking and maybe it wouldn't be so bad, I don't know? I don't want kids yet maybe in the future?" I Shrugged huffing.

"I don't think I ever want kids, but if it happened I don't think it would be the worst thing"

"I know it would break peeta's heart if we never had kids" I told Johanna

"I know it would" she answered.

"God I don't know what to do" I threw my head back in a Huff.

"Yeah well that's if they ever come back" Johanna half joked.

"I can't believe none of them are answering their phones!"

"God I'm going to kill gale" Johanna laughed.

I laughed back. "To be honest I'm enjoying the peace, an not having to pick up wet towels off the bathroom floor. Clean paints up, Hoover all the pastry he drops when he's baking. I could get used to it" I joked, I could never live with out peeta.

"Katniss" Johanna laughed back. "Do you reckon they will tell us what happened this weekend?"

"If they don't, haymitch will"

"True he will love getting them in shit"

Johanna emphasised 'love'.

"Yeah well we had our fun let them have theirs"

"It's Monday tomorrow! An were leaving for district 4 on Wednesday they best be back"

"I bet I know who the ring leader is" I nodded my head at Johanna.

We looked at each other an spoke at the same time,

"Haymitch"

We both burst out laughing,

"Wait wait I think peeta's ringing" I managed to speak through my laughter.

"Hey dirty stop out" I laughed.

"Hey kat" peeta sounded groggy.

"You alright you sound a little ill" Johanna laughed even more.

"I'm fine, how was your weekend" peeta had to shout over the blaring music in the background.

"Drunken"

"Kat I can't hear you" peeta shouted even louder.

Gale shouted to peeta in the background,

"Come on! We know you're whipped peeta but have some fun it's your last free weekend!, here have another drink" by this point I had them on loud speaker

"Is that gale?" Johanna asked raising her eyebrows.

"You all better be home by tomorrow I swear to god!" Johanna shouted to all of them down the phone.

"Love you" gale shouted in the background

"Fuck off" she laughed.

"Anyway I've got to go, love you kat" peeta shouted, an the phone cut off before I could reply.

"Well that explains it" I laughed putting the phone down.

"God I'm going to Kill gale" Johanna blew air out of her mouth.

I just laughed shaking my head, I didn't really mind peeta was out enjoying himself after everything that had happened.