Learning to live: drunken decisions

Knocking came from our door an as soon as I opened my eyes I knew it would be Effie. I wiped my cheek damp from dribble an sat up my head pounding. The knocking became louder, normally Effie would do a curt 3 knock an walk away leaving us to wake up. "Effie I'm up, I'm up" I said groggily looking over to peeta who still lay sprawled out on the floor.
"It's not Effie, it's me" an anxious voice shouted from the other side of the door.
"Johanna?" I asked confused.
"No it's fucking mr Chang. Yes it's Johanna an I really need to talk to you so hurry" I could hear her pacing outside my door.
"You better have something good waking me up at this time" I yawned.
"Katniss it's 11am"
"What? Well where's Effie?" I asked half asleep rummaging through my suit case for some clothes.
"Still passed out from last night she was absolutely wasted" Johanna replied.
"She must Of been because it's not like Effie to be late"
"Yeah, we're the only ones awake I think, I heard delly talking this morning but she might of gone back asleep. Nobody is in Annie's room, your mum had Luca last night an Annie never went back to her room" Johanna said.
"Seriously?" I asked even more confused than before.
"Yes. How long does it take to shove a pair of jeans an a top on?" Johanna impatiently asked me.
"I'm coming" I said scraping my hair into a bobble.
I pulled the door open to see Johanna biting her nails.
"What are you doing? You never bite your nails you say it 'repulses you' and is ' a sign of weakness'" I said Johanna my arms folded.
"Yeah well I'm doing it now" she seemed nervous.
I silently closed the door trying not to wake a snoring peeta.
"Spill" i looked at Johanna waiting for her reply.
"I, I got into bed with gale last night" she sighed sliding against the wall.
"You what? I thought it was over-" I was just as shocked I sat next to Johanna on the floor.
"We are, I was just so wasted an I don't want him to think we are back together. Because. Because I don't know what we are anymore" Johanna covered her face in her hands.
"Johanna you're crazy" I said sighing
"I know. I know" she threw her head back off the wall.
"I think you need to talk to gale" I said hugging my knees to my face feeling my hangover kick in.
The door swung open an a shirtless peeta ran out tshirt in hand.
"What are you doing?" I asked peeta confused at why he was about to go running round the hotel half naked.
He looked down at Johanna an gave a sympathetic smile before running off with his top half over his head an one shoe on, one in the other hand.
I think we both knew gale had rung him about what happened an peeta wanted all the dirty details.
"I'm guessing gale is awake" she snorted.
"Yep"
"What should I do?" She asked facing me.
"If you think you can make it work with gale then try an work it out but if you think it's too far gone for that. I think. I think you need to leave him. I know gale more than anyone an everybody can see how much he loves you. If he didn't he wouldn't act like an absolute idiot" I laughed.
"I love him I really do I just, he's changed you know?"
"Yeah I know what you mean but everybody changes at some point, look at you"
"I don't want to hurt gale, but I don't want to hurt myself either, does that sound selfish?" She seemed like she was about to cry.
"No, Johanna no it doesn't, it's your life, you've worked for it haven't you? You worked to survive. So don't ever ever think it's okay to be unhappy because it's not, okay?" I turned to Johanna being deadly serious.
"Thanks kat" she smiled.
I must of looked at her funny because she said, "why are you looking at me like that? It's freaking me out"
I shook my head, "you've just never called me kat before" I laughed.
She looked at me funnily.
"Come on lets go eat off this hangover" I said pulling myself up of the corridor floor.
We walked off to breakfast, well dinner, Johanna draped her arm around my shoulder, something she never did. I did hope her an gale could work it out. Both were my best friends. Both deserved to be happy and I hoped they could be happy together.