Learnint to live: a shock to the system

"I can't believe we've been engaged for over a week" I stared at my ring in disbelief wondering how we'd got here, this time last year peeta was so beyond my reach. Tortured in the Capitol, no memories of me at all, just that I was a mutt. He still grabs the back of the chair sometimes but my voice pulls him back to reality.

"I know, I can't believe katniss everdeen will be my wife" he laughed flipping pancakes over.

"I can't believe I finally have you forever, an I can't wait to tell everyone at the party tonight"

"Me neither" peeta smiled before adding "so who's coming tonight? Other than Johanna, Annie, beetee, haymitch,Effie, Plutarch, delly and Pollux?"

"Well Johanna asked if she could bring a date, so she's being whoever that is, a few people from town, greasy sae and her family, delly's boyfriend thom, I think Pollux is brining somebody too, i saw her with him in town the other day, I'm glad he's happy" I smiled at the thought of Pollux having somebody to understand him, being an avox an all, Plutarch says that they're working on a new operation so avoxes can speak again. If the operations are a success then Pollux is first on the list to be able to speak again.

"So is Johanna an her date staying here for the weekend?" Peeta asked

"I'm not sure, she might be staying with Annie, but it doesn't really matter we have the room" I replied

"True, who ever she brings she will keep on his toes, I mean she's Johanna mason for god sake"

I had to roll my eyes, she is my best friend but peeta was right.

"What time have you told everyone to come?" Peeta asked me placing 3 pancakes on each plate.

"7ish, it gives us time to get sorted, Effie an haymitch said they would come over an help us" I looked down at my plate to see a huge breakfast.

"Peeta, are you trying to make me fat?" I laughed

"Well I would still love you"

"Mmmhhhmmmm" I sarcastically replied.

"Hey love birds" Johanna called from down stairs.

"Does she always have to call us that?" Peeta laughed, Johanna always called us that. Ever since the quarter quell, after the moment I really did realise I loved peeta.

"Up here we will be down in a sec"

"Zip me up?" I asked peeta

"Holy shit Kat, you clean up good" peeta laughed looking me up an down.

I had a silver cowl next mini dress on with thin straps. My style had changed over the years an di had finally found myself.

"Hey" I playfully punched him.

He leaned in and kissed me.

"I love you"

"I love you too peeta"

Peeta had dark blue jeans with a crisp striaght white shirt and white high top trainers on.

"Oii mockingjay we're waiting" Johanna sarcastically shouted.

"Duty calls, come on" I laughed to peeta.

"You took to long so we already started eating" Johanna called from the kitchen.

"Doesn't surprise me jo" I fired back.

"Shut up dont make me sorry I saved your life"

"You're so funny you Johanna, come on show us your new boy"

"Hey catnip"

Gale. My best friend. Ex bestfriend, stood with his arms around my new best friend.