Learning to live: wedding plans

"We still need to set a date, that was Effie, again lecturing me about being engaged for 4months an not setting a date" I told peeta.

"We'll I was thinking why not just do it this weekend?" Peeta looked up from the cake he was icing.
"Really?" I asked him confused

"Yeah, just a small wedding in district 4"

"Why district 4?" I felt breathless all of a sudden.

"We'll aslong as we're married I don't really care where we actually do it I just thought it would be nice. Your mum is in district 4 and it would be nice for Annie an Luca too" peeta shrugged.

"Yeah yeah, I'd love that, lets just do it, no planning, no interviews, no unwanted guests"
Peeta smiled at me.

"We just need to get Effie on board I don't know if she will go for a 'small wedding'" I laughed
"God she will loose it!"

"Yeah well she will still insist on me choosing a wedding dress, an bridesmaid dresses, an you picking tuxes" I shook my head at the thought, "well she will pick you will pay" I laughed.

"Yeah I can see her now spending all my money" peeta rolled his eyes.

"Yeah" I laughed. "So who you having as your best man? Thom?" I asked peeta.

"Actually no gale"

"Oh I didn't think you two were close" gale an peeta didn't exactly ever hate each other but they 

weren't exactly 'best friends' either.

"You don't mind do you? It's just we've been getting to know each other" peeta shrugged

"No of course not"

"Hey lovebirds" Johanna shouted threw the door.

"Johanna" peeta laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Mockingjay we have a surprise for you!" She singed.

"Like I won't shoot you if you call me that one more fucking time" i fired back.

"Whatever" she pushed the living room door open

"Well hello starcrossed lovers" she jokingly said.

"Yeah yeah we get it" I rolled my eyes. A few other people rallied in after her, Annie, delly, Effie, a few girls me an Johanna speak to sometimes. Gale, thom, haymitch an a few of peeta's other friends.

"Oh, hey what are you-" Johanna cut me off with a wave of her hand.

"We're throwing you a hen party!" Johanna boasted, I think she saw my expression because she added "and you're not going to say no because if you do I will psychically drug an drag your arse there" she smiled shrugging her shoulders.

"And peeta you're coming with us were giving you a stag do" gale laughed clapping peeta on the shoulder, then whispering "trust me it will be worth it"

"We heard that" Johanna rolled her eyes.

"Come on girl on fire we're wasting valuable drinking time!" Johanna literally tried pushed me out the door.

"Well nobody want to waste valuable drinking time lets go" haymitch rubbed his hands together in excitement. Everybody in the room glared at him, "what? I'm not an alcoholic anymore it's the boys stag night I for one am getting drunk" he nodded as he spoke,

Effie just shook his head.

Johanna dragged me off, but peeta pulled me back,

"Hey wait a minute" he pulled me into a kiss pausing for a second to say;

"See you at midnight" I could feel his smile even thought I had my eyes closed.

"Hey!, hey that's not funny" but I still laughed. "That's not funny" I kissed him deeper, more forcefully.

"Oh come on you're not going away forever, an I love how you both are reliving old memories but neither of you will be back for midnight. This is going to be one fun night" Johanna laughed. Pushing me forward.

"Love ya kat" peeta chirped.

"Yeah nice save" I rallied back.

The boys crowded peeta unloading beers an whatever else they brought.
Johanna persisted in dragging me away;

"Love you too peeta" I managed to shout before I got completely shielded Away from him.