Nightmares

Nightmares // Liam Dunbar Imagine
Pairing: Liam x Reader

Prompt (request): Liam imagine where reader is stiles younger sister, (Liam and reader are like best friends) and has been having nightmares and can't sleep and the pack has a sleepover. Liam and Y/N accidentally fall asleep talking to each other, stiles doesn't approve but Scott says something like isn't this the first time she's slept in a while and stiles still doesn't like it but leaves them alone lots of fluff please thank you!!

Warnings: None

~

Liam smiles to himself when he exits the locker room and sees (Y/N) sitting in the stands at lacrosse practice. He knew she was going to be at practice. Stiles is her ride home after and her, Lydia, and Malia often stay after and watch the boys and Kira practice. Even though he knew, he can't help but be happy to see her. He always is.

He notices how cute she looks in the over-sized sweatshirt she's wearing. But not just any sweatshirt, his sweatshirt. He let her borrow it one day because she was cold but then decided it looks way better better on her than it ever could on him. She has her homework out on her lap and Liam instantly knows she's concentrating because she's biting her lip and tapping her pencil against her textbook. Yeah, Liam is really observant when it comes to (Y/N). Well he likes to call it being observant but the truth is, he really just stares at her a lot because he likes her...like really likes her. But he knows (Y/N) just sees him as a friend and Stiles would rip him apart if he found out Liam likes (Y/N) as much more than a friend. What Liam doesn't know is that the whole pack knows how the pair feels about each other already.

Liam is watching (Y/N) when he realizes it looks like she's falling asleep. He quickly walks over to her.

"Hey." He smiles taking a seat next to her. Once (Y/N) snaps out of sleep mode she instantly smiles hearing Liam's voice and looks up from her textbook.

"Hi." She smiles at him.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" Liam knows (Y/N)'s been having nightmares. He hates the fact that she's losing sleep and comfort.

"I'm fine, Li." (Y/N) smiles but Liam sees right through her. He knows that her nightmares have been getting to her. He knows she's scared and he knows she's tired.

"Why didn't you call me?" He ask.

She shrugs and looks down. "I didn't want to be a bother. It was late..."

He moves closer to her. "You're never going to be a bother. I'm here whenever you need me. You know that." (Y/N) looks up from her lap and at Liam. She can see in his eyes that he means every word he says. There are very few people who care about (Y/N) as much as Liam does, and that makes her heart skip a beat when she thinks about it. She so desperately wants to place her lips on his right now. But she can't because Liam doesn't like her the way she likes him.

"Thanks." She whispers with a smile.

"You don't need to thank me," he reaches up and tucks her bangs behind her ear. He looks into her eyes, "Just let me be here for you. Ok?" (Y/N) nods and an even bigger smile forms on her face.

"Dunbar!" Coaches whistle makes (Y/N) and Liam jump away from each other. "Get out on the field!"

"Coming!" He shouts back. He gets up but looks at (Y/N). "You're coming tonight right?"
He ask. The pack sleep over is tonight at Scott's.

"I don't know, Liam...what if I can't sleep and I bother someone or if I bother you-"

"Hey what did I say?" He ask with a light smile.

She laughs lightly, "That I'll never be a bother."

"Exactly. Come tonight." He begs. Liam would do anything if it means spending more time with (Y/N).