The First Meeting

Their eyes locked from across the room.
He stood there, surrounded by his friends and all of their chatter. But none of that mattered once his gaze found hers.
His breath hitched as time seemed to slow. She was beautiful.
Leaning against the wall in the crowded room, she nursed her glass as her eyes scanned the area around her. She felt quite accomplished, having organized and planned this entire event in less than a week. She smiled as she watched the bride and groom glide along the dance floor, completely enamored with each other, as if they were the only ones in the room. They were perfect for each other. They defied all the odds and proved that if you really do care for someone, nothing should stand in your way of being happy. She had always believed in "true love" and the whole concept of "soul mates", but never in a million years did she ever think she'd be one of the lucky ones to find her 'one and only'.
That is, until she looked passed the happy couple and found his eyes.
Everything around her felt like it was melting away; everything except for his piercing gaze.
She flushed at the way he was looking at her, as if she were the most exquisite creature he had ever seen.
And to be honest, that's exactly what he thought. He had been sipping his drink for quite some while, enjoying his cast mate's wedding. He wasn't a hopeless romantic at all and he believed that all good things eventually came to an end (given that all of his past relationships ended terribly) but it was nice seeing the way his best bud stared at his bride like she was the only woman in the room. The way they fit into each others arms, like two perfect puzzle pieces was sickening, but truth be told it was actually bewitching. Isn't that what people were always looking for? Their missing half? It was all so annoyingly cute. But joke all he want, although he was happy for his friend he couldn't help that feeling of jealously that stabbed his heart. When would it be his turn to find her? Her, being the love of his life of course. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth at his absurd revelation, thinking about how ridiculous he was being. This was supposed to be a happy day! His non-existent inner romantic should not be making his debut right now.
But then he saw her. Her head tilted slightly to the right as she watched the happy couple dance together. She gently chewed on her lower lip, smiling behind her glass as she took a sip, clearly enjoying the moment. When her eyes found his, he couldn't understand the immediate reaction that washed over him. It was as if all of the air had been knocked right out of him, and it felt like it was taking every inch of his self control to not stride across the room and take her into his arms. Who was she?
She was sure that her face matched the light pink dress she was currently wearing. She continued to stare at the handsome stranger, unable to break away from his alluring eyes. Her heart skipped a beat as he sent her a small, almost discreet smile from across the room, slowly raising his glass in salut to her. She let her eyes devour him as she appreciated the all black suit vest he was wearing. He donned a white button up shirt under the vest, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also had a a deep blue and black stripped tie, matching accordingly to the groom's "dark blue" dress code. She shuddered internally when she noticed how perfect he looked. Mustering all the courage she had, she smiled back, nodding her head at him in a sweet gesture.
Her smile is so breathtaking.
He noticed how her eyes swept along his entire being and allowed himself to revel in just how well her coral dress accented her body. Her hair, which was in a half up/down style (or whatever women called it) looked so soft as it cascaded down her shoulders, bangs framing her face. He found himself imagining what it would feel like to run his fingers through her soft locks as he kissed her to oblivion. He also noticed how she unconsciously bit her lip as she smiled at him, an apparent habit of hers that he quickly found adoring. A friend of hers broke their eye contact as she enveloped her in a hug. Caught off guard, she blushed and laughed it off, hugging her friend back and answering whatever question she was asked. He found himself watching her mannerisms and smiling whole heartedly at her interactions. Her friend must have said something else, something about their little staring contest because his lovely lady looked at him for a fleeting second before blushing again, her friend following her gaze and smirking once she spotted him. The friend nodded appreciatively, clearly not one for subtlety before whispering again.
She shooed her friend away after a few seconds, clearly having enough of the innuendos she was hearing. She looked back at him and smiled apologetically for her friend and rolled her eyes in exasperation. He smirked in understanding, raising an eyebrow at her playfully and she giggled, covering her lips with her hand. This made his own smile widen, realizing that he had made her laugh during their silent conversation. He wondered what her giggle sounded like. He thought of a million things he would say just to hear her laugh. At this point he looked down and shook his head. This was insane! He had never felt this way about a woman, especially one he had never actually spoken to before. He felt as if he was back in grade school about to ask his first crush out on a date.
Knocking back his drink, he immediately made his decision. He placed his glass down on the table and began making his way towards her, not breaking their eye contact. The air between them crackled with tension and everyone that wasn't them disappeared. She was frozen in her spot, taking as many deep breaths as she could to calm her erratic heart. His strides were strong and confident and before she knew it, he was there before her.
He was taller than she had expected; her head reached the top of his shoulder even in her ridiculously expensive heels that the bride forced her to wear. He smiled down at her, secretly breathing in her intoxicating scent. It seemed like forever before one of them spoke.
"Hi," she said somewhat breathlessly. His heart leaped at the sound of her melodic voice.
"Hi," he replied. His deep, gruff voice was strong and immediately turned her into mush. And with a smile, they both began speaking about the wedding, getting lost in their own little world, not noticing the photographer take a few snapshots of them.