Kill Him

"We have to pair up. We have twice as many as them. If we do this right and we stick to our matches, we will come through with their new beta," Ian continued as he sharpened his claws. I looked around the room to see if anyone was as confused as I was.

I raised my hand and spoke nervously, "sorry, but why do we want him again? Scott's obviously the better option."

"Y/N, if we take Liam, Scott will be lost. It's a two-in-one," Ian looked at me if I was stupid. "Kyle and Haley, you take Malia. Perry and Walter, you're taking Scott." Perry made an involuntary groaning noise and Ian shushed him. "Lily and Taylor, Kira. Y/N, you're taking Liam. If for whatever reason we're unable to win, kill him. If we can't have him, Scott and his pack certainly cannot."

My heart started beating in my chest, I felt like I couldn't breathe, my mind started racing. I couldn't kill Liam, not after everything he's done for me.

"Nervous?" Kyle asked, nudging me slightly.

"What? No!" I denied, trying desperately to control my heart rate. It didn't work.

"I'm gonna talk to Y/N for a second. I'll be right back," Kyle said before grabbing onto my arm and pulling me out of the room, far away from the rest of the pack. "I know you have feelings for him."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Liam? That's a joke!" I lied. I was a terrible liar.

"You've only known this kid for a month. I also know that you befriending Liam was Ian's orders. Nothing else. We have been your pack for two years. If you don't do what Ian tells you tonight, Ian will either kill you or kick you out of the pack. I don't know which one is worse. Don't let yourself get this wrapped up in a boy, Y/N. There are plenty out there. You just can't have this one. This is business," he told me.

I knew that he was right. Fight Liam or become an omega. Kill Liam or be killed. What was I thinking, anyway? I didn't have feelings for Liam! I was just being dramatic. "Okay. I'll take Liam."

"That's my girl," he slapped me on the back, leading me back to where the pack was meeting. Business, Y/N, business.

"Everything taken care of?" Ian asked as we approached.

"Everything's fine," Kyle responded.

"Okay, here's the plan."

~That Night~

"We don't want a fight," Scott said, clenching his fists. His heart rate was steady, like nothing in this world could scare him. Liam, on the other hand, was about to go into cardiac arrest and he wouldn't stop looking at me.

"Oh, but we do," Ian replied. "Tell you what, if you hand over Liam now, we'll leave without leaving a scratch on your tiny bodies." He grew his claws and looked at them lovingly.

"We're not giving you Liam," Scott said sternly, adjusting his stance to look bigger.

"I thought you were smarter than this, Scott. What's one little beta to your pack? You can always make a new one," Ian smiled a little and then roared, showing his fangs and the fight began. Kyle looked over at me before charging toward Malia. Liam started to run toward Scott, seeing as two of my pack were after him.

I sprinted toward Liam, shifting on the way, pushing him down to the ground and applying force to keep him there. His face showed that he was clearly surprised and a bit hurt by my actions. I tried not to let it sting. I didn't have any feelings for him whatsoever. I knew that I had the upper hand at this time. I knew that I could hurt him in any way that I wanted, and if it was anyone else, I would. But it was Liam, I couldn't do that to him. I looked up. At least half my pack was injured. Haley was slumped over in the corner, Taylor had a sword sliced through her body, and both Perry and Walter were on the ground, nursing their hurt limbs. Scott was currently helping Kira fight off Lily.

"Y/N! Do it now!" Ian shouted, in the middle of pulling Scott away from Kira to fight him himself.

I knew exactly what Ian was telling me to do. I closed my eyes and a few tears leaked out. I didn't think I could do this. I was about to bring my claws onto Liam's neck, but his voice stopped me. "Y/N, Y/N please." I opened my eyes and looked at him. His face displayed pure fear and betrayal. Then, I didn't care about my punishment. Liam deserved to live much more than I ever would. With a breath, I stood off Liam and helped him up. He gave me a small smile before running off to help Scott.

I stood in the middle of the battlefield, unsure what to do. Did I fight? Did I wait for my punishment? I watched as Ian said something into Kyle's ear and Kyle ran towards me, preparing his claws. I fought back, pushing him away from me and scratching across his chest. He dipped under and bit my leg, causing a pained howl to escape my mouth. I fell to the ground, clenching my leg in pain and he scratched his claws across my neck repeatedly, until I was almost unable to breathe and blood surrounded me, staining my hair, my clothing. I felt my eyes close and I soon couldn't feel any pain at all.

I woke to the feeling of cold, hard metal underneath me. A strong hand was massaging mine, and a heart rate machine beeped in the back of my ear. My eyes slowly opened. First, I was met with a white ceiling, followed by a familiar face. Liam. "Y/N? Y/N are you awake?" He asked urgently.

"She's awake?" A voice that I had never heard asked. A face appeared above me, one I had never seen. "Y/N, you're okay. You're completely healed."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Your pack surrendered and they left. They thought you were dead. You're not dead," Liam smiled.

"What am I doing here?"

"I found you and I checked your pulse. It was slow but your heart was still beating. I called Scott over and we took you here, to Deaton," he explained. He continued to rub my hand and it made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Why? I was about to kill you," I told him.

He nodded, "but you didn't."

"Liam," I said, unable to finish my sentence. I was too afraid of what he would say.

"Yeah?"

"You're not just a friend to me," I finished.

A smile grew on his face and he leaned down, pressing a kiss to my lips. Our lips melted together into one and I loved the way his felt on mine. I didn't want him to ever pull away. He pulled away after a moment and looked toward the doorway. I turned my head slowly, only to be greeted by all of Scott's friends.

Scott looked at Liam, then at me and he smiled, "welcome to the pack."