Hurt Him To Save Him

"Why are you doing this?" Cried Stiles. His red and puffy eyes stared wide at me, waiting for an answer.

"Because I don't love you anymore." I spat out.

Telling him that I was leaving him was like stabbing him with a knife, but telling him that I didn't have any more feelings for him was twisting that knife. And a lie. I love Stiles more than my own life. I would do anything for him. Even hurt him just to keep him safe.

Just recently I had discovered that our English teacher, Jennifer Blake was the one sacrificing people. She was the Darach. Her plans are bigger than I had imagined and she threatened that if I didn't help her kill Deucailion, she would kill Stiles. And if agreeing to committing murder wasn't enough for her, she ordered me to leave him. Saying that emotional tethers would hold me back.

"You do- don't love me?" Stiles asked, his voice cracking. Tears starting to fill his eyes again.

"No." I lied.

Stiles' sucked in a breath and sat on his bed, putting his head in his hands.

It took everything I had not to run over to him and hug him.

I finally let the burning sensation in the back of my eyes free and tears fled down my cheeks. I put my hand against my mouth to hold back my sobs. Stiles can't know the truth.

I walked over to his desk and grabbed my car keys and my purse. I dragged myself towards the door, dreading every moment.

"(Y/N)." I heard Stiles say from behind me. "Please."

I closed my eyes shut and took in a deep breath. I need to be strong.

I extended my hand and reached for the door. Suddenly, I felt a soft hand hold onto my wrist.

"Why?" Stiles asked. I immedietly turned my head to the side.

I pulled my hand from his grasp and walked away from him. I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks.

He walked up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Please." He cried.

I just froze and didn't respond.

"When did you stop loving me? Is it because of someone else?"

How could I love anyone, but you? You're perfect.

I couldn't stop more tears from escaping my eyes.

"(Y/N)?" He pushed my shoulders lightly and tried to make me look at him.

I held myself against it, but then he used a little more force and was able to make me turn to him.

I immedietly covered my face.

Stiles' hand wrapped around mine and pried them away.

He finally saw me.

"You're crying." He stated.

"No, I'm not." I lied.

"What's this then?" He asked, catching a tear in his finger.

"Okay I am crying. I-I'm crying because I don't want you anymore and you won't leave me alone."

"(Y/N)." He started to beg.

I can't do this anymore. Whenever he cries or says my name, I just want to tell him the truth. But I have to save him. I have to hurt him.

"Stop Stiles!" I yelled, making him flinch back a bit. "You can't do this anymore. I'm leaving and that's that."

"Do what? Tell you I love you? Because I do. I love you (Y/N). And you can leave and tell me you don't have feelings for me, but I don't care. I'll fight for you." He said as I was walking towards the door.