More Than Friends (Part 2)

The next morning, after you and Liam had showered you both headed down to the kitchen for breakfast.
"Morning guys," his mother smirked knowingly.
"Morning," you both groaned in unison, the awkwardness of last night not lost on you.
"Did you kids sleep well?" she asked, her smirk widening.
"Yea Mrs. Geyer."
"Warm enough," she asked sipping her coffee.
"Yes mom," Liam bit out.
"Okay, okay," she giggled before placing a stack of pancakes before you. "Are you kids headed to the fair tonight?"
"Yea, Y/N and I are supposed to meet Mason later."
"But I'll need you to help me find Brett," you said taking a bite out of a strip of bacon.
"Why are you looking for Brett?" Liam asked with an undertone of jealousy. An undertone not lost on his mother.
"Wait, Brett Talbot?" his mother asked.
"Yea," you smiled while blushing a bit.
Everyone knew that you had a thing for Brett and Liam's mother was about to exploit that.
"Brett's a pretty good looking guy don't you think?"
"He's a bit too young for you mom," Liam scoffed rolling his eyes.
"Yea, I'd say so," you replied, ignoring Liam's comment.
"He's tall, good at lacrosse, you still go to Devenford so you can see him often."
"What are you getting at mom?"
"Nothing, just that I can see Y/N and Brett together."
"Nah, I'm not his type."
"What do you mean you're not his type? You're beautiful, smart, sweet, but a little cheeky. I could go on for hours, any guy who doesn't realise that is an idiot," Mrs. Geyer replied.
"Brett's bisexual mom, and he likes older girls."
"That's too bad. That height difference would have been glorious."
"Mom, height difference doesn't make a relationship."
"You're right, but you've still got about four inches on Y/N, that's good enough."
"Please go back to shipping her with Brett," he groaned.
"Can we not ship me with anyone? I'm right here."
"Right, you kids finish up breakfast and I'll see you later."
"Kay," you both replied.
"So, why are you looking for Brett?"
"Satomi said he didn't come home last night. She's really worried about him, and so am I."
"Why is she asking you?"
"Oh, because the last time he didn't go home he spent the night at my house."
"Brett slept over at your house?"
"Yea, loads of times actually. I don't see the problem though. I thought you guys were friends."
"We are, but everyone knows what a huge crush you have on him. He could've easily taken advantage of you."
"Are you serious right now?"
"Come on Y/N, we all know Brett gets around."
"And I suppose I'm stupid enough be one his bimbos?"
"You're not stupid but Brett could easily get into your pants if he wanted."
"So I'm easy now?"
"No! You aren't! That's not what I-"
"Hey guys I realised I was in the living room so I heard your argument. You two need to stop, I don't need two angry teenagers destroying my kitchen."
"I'm over my anger," you both snapped in unison.
"Yea, that's believeable." she scoffed. "Both of you, sit," she commanded.
You both grumbled to yourselves before sitting down.
"Now, Liam, Y/N and Brett are friends. She trusts him, and she cares for him. She's a smart, self-respecting young lady who knows better than to let anyone exploit her. You need to trust her judgment. And Y/N, Liam really cares about you. He's only looking out for your best interests. Please forgive his neanderthal approach, he's a boy."
"So gets smart and self-respecting whereas I get neanderthal?"
"What can I say, I love Y/N," she replied causing you to stick your tongue out at him.
"But I'm your son."
"See why I love Y/N? Now, kiss and make up. I mean it, kiss."
"Gross mom,"
"Come on, she doesn't have cooties. You're not homosexual are you? Because I'd be fine with that too, Mason is a really-"
"Mom, I'm straight. And stop trying to hook me up with my best friends."
"You're right, that'd be awkward. You said Brett was bisexual right?"
"Mom," Liam yelled.
"Okay, I'm leaving."
"Your mom's a riot."
"I know," he blushed.
"Wait," you said as you caught a scent.
"What is it?"
"Not what, who."
"Well,"
"Brett, he just walked up to the front door."
As if on cue, Liam's mother walked into the kitchen with Brett behind her.
"So uhm, I'll leave you kids alone. If you need me I'll be in the living room." She said walking out.
"Hey Liam, Y/N,"
"Don't nonchalantly tell me hey. Where have you been young man?"
"I was at your house, it was nice to not have you kick me out of the bed for once."
"Wait, you two sleep in the same bed?" Liam asked.
"Yea, for about an hour," Brett scoffed.
"You say nothing, we've been worried sick about you."
"Why didn't you tell me you were at Liam's? I'd have gone somewhere else."
"Why not go home?" Liam asked.
"Because he's always high and/or drunk on wolfs-bane and after the whole dead pool thing Satomi's weary of wolfs-bane." you whispered.
"So, you let an intoxicated werewolf sleep in your bed?"
"You let me sleep in your bed," you argued.
"You weren't intoxicated."
"Like you'd have a problem if she was," Brett scoffed with a smirk.
"I- I could handle her."
"Please, we all know born wolf or not, Y/N would still run circles around you."
"And why is that?"
"Because you're in love with her."
"See, someone else sees it too," Liam's mother yelled from the living room.
"Oh my God, Liam is not in love with me."
"Exactly, and Y/N loves you, not me." Liam said causing you to blush.
"You know what, I need to go check my tumblr. You two have fun in here." you said walking out.
"How can Y/N be in love with me when she turned me down last week?" Brett asked.
"She turned you down?"
"Are you deaf? I asked her out, told her that since we were a part of the same pack it'd be great and she could wear my jersey to matches but she said no. Told me she was into someone else."
"Who?"
"How would I know? It's not any of the guys in the pack and the guys at school are all stuck up assholes."
"Language," Mrs. Geyer corrected from the living room.
"Sorry," Brett yelled back. "Can she really hear everything we're saying?"
"Yes, I can. Mind you I'm a little confused but I understand for the most part."
"Just ignore her, you'll get used to it."
"So, yea. Y/N's not in love with me."
"But you're in love with her?"
"She's my sister's best friend. And am not keen on all of Devenford hearing that I got my ass handed to me by my little sister."
"So why ask her?"
"Because I know you're too much of pus- wuss. To ask her yourself,"
"What?"
"If you want her, you'll need to act fast. And by fast, I mean tonight."
"Why?"
"Because if you don't, I'm gonna take her away from you." Brett said with a smirk.
"What?" Liam asked again, genuinely curious.
"Liam, how much time do you think she'll have for you if she's dating the captain of her school's Lacrosse team?"
"I thought you didn't like her."
"I never said I don't like her. Besides, a girl like that's worth the beating and humiliation."
"What am I supposed to do?"
"You can't ask me, I'm like the least romantic guy on the planet. Ask Mason, or your mom."
"I'd love to help you sweep you Y/N off her feet," his mother said running into the kitchen.
"Maybe I should ask Lydia,"
"Lydia's perfect," Brett agreed.
Liam came upstairs with Brett and they began talking about some pointless things.
"Uhm, do you guys mind?"
"Sorry, are we interrupting your fanfiction time?" Liam asked.
"Yes, you are actually."
"Sorry," Brett smirked, invading your personal space. "But I'm thinking, let's make our own fanfiction, right here."
"Sure, how's the Hunger Games sound? I'll be Katniss and you be Cato,"
"I'll get the bow and arrow!" Liam yelled.
"You're so cute," he said petting your head.
"And you're a prick,"
"That's how my ladies love me,"
"That go for your men too?"
"Oh definitely," he smirked.
"Geez, just kiss already," Liam groaned dropping himself on him his bed in frustration.
"Sure," Brett said pulling you towards him and dog piling Liam.
"Get off of me."
"Come on Li, you're used to rubbing against guys, what's so different now?"
"I think it's because guys don't have those," Brett said pointing to your chest.
"Perv, both of you are pervs."
"Well us pervs are gonna play lacrosse and meet you at the fair."
"I like lacrosse," you argued.
"Yea, you can come. But Jared's gonna be there," Brett added with a smirk.
"On the second thought, hanging here with Mrs. G, sounds way more fun."