Heaven

Angels are truly beautiful creatures; with magnificent white wings, elongated ears pierced with jewels, flowing white and gold dresses, and beautiful pearlescent horns.

Most people don't know about the Angels' horns. On an Angels' 12th birthday they grow a pair of horns; the shape represents their personality, and helps determine their future job in heaven. Every angels' horns are different, with different shapes, colors, and textures. 

There are many different jobs, and each on is normally done by a group of similarly horned Angels. For example: healers' horns are normally pointed back with dull points, growers' horns are usually pointed forward with dull tips, hunters are pointed back with sharpened points, and Warriors' horns point forward with sharp tips. These are the four most common shapes, but there are many more each with their own place in the community.

Lucifer, a strong commander and very popular among other warriors, raised his voice against God, declaring himself worthy of greater power.  Very few people ever saw God, let alone spoke against him. Although kind, he had a terrible temper, and he cast  lucifer out of heaven. He called him a traitor, and manifested a tail to be a physical sign of his betrayal and stained his wings so he would never again be welcome.

Lucifer was enraged at his actions and formed beautiful blue fire from the corruption in his heart. With his fire he burned away his once silky white wings that had been stained black until they fell to ashes at his feet.

The Angels were shocked by gods' reaction, and some felt he was no longer fit to rule them. Together nearly 400 Angels joined together to overthrow him, but those still faithful fought against them. They too were banished, and given a tail as a tag of betrayal. When God stained their wings, most of them went insane.

When cast down to assiah many cut off their wings, and many other tore them off in a fit of rage. Some felt remorse for what they had done, and removed their wings so they could never go back, others got rid of them because they never wanted to return there. What ever the reason, by the time lucifer found the others who had fallen with him, only a few still had their wings.

Lucifer changed his name to Satan, to signify his cut from God, and many other former angels did the same. They became demons, and created a world they named Gehenna.

By the time life started in Assiah, Gehenna was a thriving world. Many demons lost their horns over time, and almost all of them were with out wings. Satan had the most power, and under him were the seven kings, each ruling something different. Rank was decided by power, and the old tradition of horns had died out.

Over the years, there was never another uprising, but every once in a while, an angel would fall. However, as time went on, God decided to give the Angels a second chance. If an angel began to get upset at God, or did something wrong, they would grow a tail. However, it was easy to hide, and would go away if they apologized, so it was more of a warning. Few Angels got past this stage, as they usually took the opportunity to turn themselves around.

About a year before Satan' half human sons were born, the head of healing Angel Stella, grew a tail. She panicked and immediately went to God to ask what she had done wrong. He told her that she had fallen in love with a human, and such acts were extremely forbidden. She begged him to let this one slide, as she deeply cared for the man she was watching over. He lived a good life, and was very open minded and caring to everyone. God told her that she had one week to get over him, or she would be banished and sent into Gehenna.

Over the next week she tried to keep her mind off of the man, but she couldn't make herself forget about him. Something was drawing her to him, and she couldn't stop it. Many male suitors came to her, as her power and healing spells were superb to the others, but she turned them away, thinking only of the man who had stolen her heart.

At the end of the week, God called her back to him. He looked upon her with pity, and told her that she had failed. However, he said that love was something heaven was supposed to support, and although he stained her wings and banished her from heaven, instead of sending her to Gehenna, he sent her down to Assiah to be with the one she loved.

The man opened his door to find a beautiful woman clothed in tattered clothing passed out in his yard. He brought her in and cared for her until she woke up. He saw her horns and blackened wings, but he took care of her none the less. Stella woke up startled, seeing the man she had literally fallen for in front of her. She embraced him, and told him her story, hoping it wouldn't scare him away. He just smiled pleasantly at her, until she told him how and why she had fallen. He burst into tears and hugged her tightly. He said he never thought he could ever mean so much to anyone. They both sobbed into each other on the couch until the were out of tears. He took her hand in his, and said his name was Dave, and he would never let anyone hurt her again.

A year later they had a baby girl, and to their shock, she had tiny black wings and a long black tail. They named her Amare, because she came from their unfaltering love. Stella lay on her death bed less  than a year later, and Dave vowed never to let anyone hurt young Amare. Stella sealed her power into a beautiful small crystal blade, so that Amare could spend her first twelve years as a normal human girl. Dave promised Stella he would carve a handle and sheath for the knife, and give it to her on her 12th birthday after she grew her horns.

When Amare was about 4, her father told her about her mother, and how the two met. He told her that she was half fallen angel, but she could never tell anyone. She kept it as their secret, and she was always proud of her mother for standing up for herself.

Amare was never very popular at school, and didn't have many friends. She got into fights a lot, normally for a good reason. Her dad normally had to come rescue her from angry parents, but he always rewarded her for doing the right thing. He said he was proud of her for sticking with her beliefs, and they'd go out for ice cream. No one was ever seriously hurt, so it seemed okay to him.

~Please tell me how this is, because I'm really looking forward to writing this. I'd love some feedback from you guys, and critique is always accepted! :)