Sad trombone noises

Eyyyyy, guess who's not dead.

Two days pass, and Yukio and Shura are still the only ones I've seen. At this point I'm convinced Yukio is standing guard outside the door. Shura has only left to go to the bathroom and get food. The Vatican is very adamant about keeping me weak, so the only thing I've eaten in the two days is a burger and fries Shura snuck in for me. Yukio noticed, but turned a blind eye as he took my vitals and I snacked on the last few bites.

She's out getting food now however, so I'm stuck alone in the deathly silence of the bleached hospital room. I sit up in bed and stretch out my cramped wings, unfortunately the room is smaller than I thought, and my left wings pushes everything off the table. The glass of water shatters on the tile, and several bottles clatter to the floor. I freeze nervously just as the door slams open and Yukio runs in, hand over his gun. He relaxes as soon as he meets my eyes, and shakes his head. "What were you thinking?"
I look away embarrassed, "they were... um... just cramped I guess."
"You're spacial awareness is seriously lacking Amare."
"Yeah..."
"Thank god Shura isn't back yet, she'd fight anyone in her way if she had heard that."
"Yeah..."
"You okay other than that? The Vatican is going to want to bring you in for questioning soon."
I just nodded silently. He walked over at sat in the chair Shura had pulled over to the bed. "What's with this attitude, you look lifeless." I cringe at the word choice and look away.
"What's going to happen to me Yukio?"
"I don't know, you wouldn't be nearly as much of a threat as my brother, but you don't have Mephisto backing you up, so I honestly can't say..."
"I'm hungry Yukio." My stomach grumbles in confirmation and Yukio sighs.
"Nothing I can do about that Amare."
"... I know..."

We sit in awkward silence for several minutes before Shura bursts in and runs over to me beside, embracing me in a hug immediately. I give out a quick gasp of pain, and she releases me with a small "sorry".
"What are you in such a rush for Shura?"
"Not anything good unfortunately."
"What do you mean?
"The Vatican is coming tonight. I've been holding them off as long as I could, but the were insistent. It was either tonight or death, I'm sorry Mar."

The room is suddenly smaller than I remember, and everything is blurry. Warm tears slide down my cheeks and drip wet spots onto the cheap hospital sheets. I feel traces of pain from where I'm sure Shura is clinging to me, but it feels so far away that I don't ask for her to be gentle, because I don't care. This might be my last day alive and I don't even have my father to hold my hand as I stand with a foot in the grave. Where is he anyway? I wonder if he even knows what's going on. What lies have they told him? I feel my teeth clench in anger and sorrow. What the fuck have I done to deserve this?

I sense Yukio taking a step towards the bed and I give an angry swat with my wing. Whether or not it was injured is beyond my care at this point. I hear him fall against the wall next to the barred window and curse as I fold both wings around Shura and I, holding her in a tight grip. She struggles for a moment to check on Yukio, but I hold her captive and lean my sore body against her. "Please don't leave me" I whisper, and she stills in my hold. She places her head on my shoulder, and soon my hospital gown is damp with salty tears that bite at my injured shoulder.

Still trapped close to me, she shuffles onto the bed and we lie down on the bed of feathers, which admittedly hurts quite a bit. Just before I drift off again I hear a quiet "never again"

》》》《《《

The first thing the registered when I got up was the musty smell as opposed to the sterile hospital smell I had become accustomed to for the past couple days. The second thing I noticed was that my eyes were not in fact closed, it was pitch black, and I was on a cold stone floor. The awful hospital gown is gone, but I don't feel any less exposed in what I'm sure is a pair of Shura's Jean shorts and a long t-shirt. The new room is dead silent and I huddle up in a corner trying not to touch my bandaged side. My wings press against the wall and I sigh in relief that they feel nearly healed.

The creaking of a metal door and the flood of a harsh light daw me out of my thoughts as the shadow of a burly man appears on the other side of the room. "Can you walk?" A gruff voice asks and I blink for a few seconds before pulling myself to my feet with a groan. I get my self upright on shaking legs and nod. "Hands in front of you," he demands, and I comply without hesitation. He snaps a pair of handcuffs around my wrists and holds the end of a four foot chain. "Follow me, no funny shit."

I walk behind the man who must be triple my weight until reach a metal door guarded by two exorcists who wave him inside. The room is plated with what looks like steel on all sides with a table and two chairs in the center of the room. "Sit on the other side demon, a higher up will be here shortly." He says as he unclips the chain leaving the actual cuffs around my wrists. I nod again and sit as the heavy door slams closed and the sound echoes in the small interrogation room.

Several minutes go by and my wings are still out and terribly uncomfortable against the metal back of the chair. I'm about to shift in my seat for the third time when I hear the creak of the door that faces me. Here goes nothing.

I am so fucking sorry for the wait. I promise to have the next chapter up before next month at the latest. I am a terrible person, I know. But I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Over 1000 words, so that has to count for something.