Exorcism

If you skipped that last chapter, and I don't blame you, here's a quick summary of what you need to know: Amare woke up, tried to get ready, but was pulled back to bed, then they do the do, and she falls back asleep.

When I wake up again, I'm alone in bed. I find the clock, only to discover that school is nearly over, and cram school starts in an hour. Groaning, I lift myself up and pull the shorts back on before looking around for a shirt. Coming up with nothing, I leave Shura's room and walk out to her kitchen where she's eating a sandwich.
"Morning Mar, loving the new look." She grins and laughs a bit.
"Shura why'd you let me miss school?"
"Doctor's orders. Actually, after you fell asleep I called Yukio to explain what's going on on, and he said after a shock like that, you needed your rest."
"Why didn't you just tell me that?"
"First off, I didn't know if you'd listen, and second, my way was more fun. You seemed to have thought so too." I blushed earning another laugh from Shura, "Tamers are going on a field trip today though, and I don't want you to miss it, so get dressed." She tosses me my uniform and a sandwich, so I go back to take a shower and get dressed.

~time skip brought to you by my new soft blanket I got for Christmas ~

At the cram school, Yukio seemed to try to avoid eye contact, while Shiemi bounced around excitedly for our trip. "I heard you'll be testing your skills on something cool Amare, what do you think it'll be?" She says happily. I shrug, and look over to Rin who is staring off into space. I begin to wonder if Yukio told him what was going on, but unfortunately I can't really tell.

Yukio eventually releases us, and Ino, Shiemi, and I join Mr. Neuhaus out in the hallway. " Yukio and I will be taking you three to an old shrine, where a strong Rosier has overpowered the good spirit who lived there. As you know, this will mainly be a mission to test Amare's contracted demon." He pulls out a key, and re-opens the door to the classroom. To my surprise, what is on the other side isn't desks and chairs, but rather a forest.

The five of us step through, and after walking for a bit, we come across an old shrine. The building itself is crumbling, and vines and lichen covers the sides. The cobblestone walkway is in disarray, and the atmosphere is dark and dreary. A group of three teenagers step out of the shadows, each of them in dark hoodies and torn jeans. Mr. Neuhaus pushed me forward, and whispers, "good luck." Seeing me step forward, the kid in the middle stepped up too. "What do you want bitch, you're in our turf?" He spat, and the two behind him laughed a bit.
"Taking care of some business. This is sacred ground, what are you doing here."
"Oh get lost would ya?"
"Make me brat."

The kid charged at me, his anger allowing the demon to slip out. "Umbra vitae," I said, smearing my own blood on a sheet with the summoning circle. My shadow cat appeared and I fed him with a bit of power before ordering him, "kill the demon inside that kid, but don't hurt the boy!"

The cat ran towards him, and pushed him to the ground with a swipe of his paw. The possessed kid kept back to its feet and snarled, more demonic features appearing. "That's it! Keep it up!" I shout, and again the kid is thrown on his back. He rises back up and pulls a knife from his jacket, and wildly slashes at the shadow, the demon's rage only growing when the humans weapon has no effect.

After being thrown a third time, the demon leaves its host, "if a measly human can't harm you, let's see how I do," the demon laughs, bearing its sharp teeth, "an Angel's shadow is no match for me." She taunts. She lifts herself higher, her upper body is dark purple, and human like, breasts completely exposed, while her lower half fades into a dark shadow, like a genie rising from a lamp. The Rosier races towards my shadow, and slashes its face with sharp claws. My cat lets out a roar, and bites down on the demon, it's large jaws snapping the creature in half. The Rosier vanishes in a puff of smoke, and the kid who had been possessed relaxed peacefully.

I tore the paper and dismissed my shadow, as Sheimi ran to me happily. "That was great Amare!" She cheers. Yukio walks to the limp body of the kid, and starts checking for any damage. He stands and walks back, "one cracked rib and that's it. He's out cold now, but he'll be fine. His buddies hit the road as soon as the fighting started. You guys go back and I'll bless the kid so another demon doesn't come take this last one's place." Mr. Neuhaus nods and signals us to follow him down the old path. I start to follow, when a tired sounding voice speaks, "thank you for saving my shrine young one." I turn around quickly, but there is no one there. "Amare come on, let's go!" Sheimi calls back. I guess I was the only one who heard it.

Back in the classroom, Ino, Shiemi, and I sit down on the floor, and the teacher leans back in his chair, "good work today Amare, you have amazing control over your demon."
"Thank you sir"
He nods and leans forward, his head resting on his hand, "you three are free to go today, I had planned for that to take longer, and have nothing for you to do."

I walk outside tiredly, and begin walking back to Shura's place. Suddenly Suolo attacks me for behind, jumping onto my back. "You ready for training Amare?!"