Games

Before you start, I want to apologize for the delay. I've had serious writers block, and haven't wanted to try writing when I have no idea what I'm doing. Now that it's over (thankfully) I can get back on track. To try and make up for it I'm giving you double the reading experience. My normal chapters go for about 1000-1200 words, where as this one has a whopping 2054 words! Thank you so much for sticking with me, and this story! Without further ado, let's get on with it!

We finish training, and Rin and I both come out of the cage panting. "Nice job Amare!" Rin says with a huge smile, first bumping me.
"You too!"
Rin and I sit on the bench, taking swigs of our water. Sura comes from the side, her face beaming. "Mar, you won!"
"Ughhhh, come on. That's definitely not fair!" Rin whines.
"And why not?"
"Just 'cause." He crosses him arms grumpily, and sticks out his lower lip jokingly, scrunching his eyebrows. Shura laughs and pushes him to the end of the bench, while seating herself beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

She suddenly stands, and before I can do anything, she scoops me into her arms, planting a kiss on my nose. Rin laughs and begins chanting "Amare and Shura sitting in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g!" I hit him on the head before he can continue, and he erupts into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"I'm probably being carried home, but you want to follow and play a board game or something along those lines?"
"Why not?" Rin replies, "I've got nothing better to do." Shura rolls her eyes. "Why don't we go to my place, I have some games."
"I'm fine with that." I nod. I don't have many good games in my small dorm room anyway.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We make it to Shura's house, and I must say, it is adorable. It's decent sized, and the walls are painted a dark red. The grass was poorly cared for, but it doesn't matter, because dozens of flowering weeds took its place, making the whole yard look like a odd flower garden. She leads Rin inside, myself still perched in her arms.

She sets me down on the couch, and swipes her arm across the table in front of us, causing multiple cans and wrappers to fall to the floor. "Alrighty! What do you guys want to play?"
"Well whatcha got Shura?" Rin responds nonchalantly.
She shrugs and points to a bookshelf filled with game consoles, video games, and board games. "Look for yourself."
As Rin searches for a game, Shura sets herself next to me, and cracks open a can of what I can only assume is alcoholic.

Finally deciding on "Sorry", Rin sits on a foot stool opposite the table from us. "I'm green, an anyone who tries to oppose that decision is leaving this house with one less finger." I announce, snatching up the pieces. However, while Rin shrinks back a bit, Shura does nothing but burst into a fit of laughter.
"Whatever you say Hot-shot." She grins, taking the red pieces in her hand.
"Alright then! I get blue!" Rin cheers, and collects his four pieces setting them on the board.

After a dozen arguments, 2 near fist fights, and three cans of beer on Shura's end, we are suddenly interrupted by a loud boom, sounding almost like thunder, but far too close. I bolt up curiously, and Shura and Rin follow my lead. I open the front door, and I'm immediately blinded by a bright light. Covering her eyes, Shura pushes past me. "What the hell is going on?!" She yells.

Almost immediately, the light fades to a dim glow, surrounding a truly beautiful man. Strike that, a truly beautiful angel. White wings extended on either side of him, and silky light blonde hair falls to his shoulders. His horns are blue and golden, and his white garments have patterns to match. He steps forward, and looks at the three of us carefully. "Terribly sorry to interrupt, I was wondering if you could perhaps lead me to True Cross Academy?" He says, with a slight purr in his voice.
"And what business have you there?"
"I suppose it would do no harm to tell you, in fact, perhaps you could assist me."
"With what exactly?"
"I am looking for an Amare Ukato."
I stand still, eyes flooding with panic, and Rin immediately steps between me and him, taking a slight defensive position. What could they want with me, they threw my mother out, what did they care about me. Noticing our action his face lightens and he grows a sickening grin on his face.
"Oh! Would you look at that, looks like I won't have to go far, lucky me."  He says happily, and takes a few steps forward. Suddenly, Shura draws her blade from her torso, pointing it and the man before us"what do you want with her?" She asks cautiously. "Just to talk," he says shrugging before pulling a white blade out of seemingly nowhere, "but I am willing to fight for her."