Dinner and a Show

By the time Yukio finally lets us out, it's  pouring. I walk out, feeling the the cold rain sting at my face as I make my way toward Rin's dorm. I have to apologize, if I don't, I may loose the only friend I've ever had.

By the time I reach the door, I'm completely soaked. I hesitatingly pull open the main door, and head down the hall to his room. After what seems like an eternity, I place my hand up and knock. Rin's voice comes through the door, "Yukio, can you please go away. I'll talk to you later."
"It's not Yukio, it's me. Look, I'm really sorry for what I said earlier."
"I'm sorry for accusing you of being a filthy demon."
"Rin, I didn't mean to say that... Please let me in."
"It's open."
I walk in to see him setting on his bed, with his sword resting on his lap.
"Come on man, I said I was sorry. Look, I'm actually almost as much of a demon as you are, I mean, you're dad was a fallen angel at one point. I was just upset that you wouldn't trust me. Just letting you know, you should also do some more studying."
"Why's that?"
"Furculors don't have horns."
"Oh... Um, Amare, you're soaked."
"Yeah, it's pouring outside."
"Oh, one sec." He puts his sword to the side and jumps off the bed. He walks to a dresser, and after rummaging around a bit, he chucks a towel, shirt, and gym shorts at me.  "Bathroom's across the hall, go get yourself together." I laugh and head out.

I come back to the room in the clothes, which fit surprisingly well, and the towel draped across my shoulders, covering my back from my wet hair. "Voilà." I say dramatically. I drape my wet clothes over a chair, and take a seat next to Rin on the bed.
"If you had your wings out in the rain, and didn't let the dry out, would they be wet when you opened the again?"
"Well that's random, but I honestly have no clue. Do you think you can catch on fire?"
"Probably I guess. So when your wings are out, people without a temptaint can't see them right?"
"Yeah, so?"
"So then you would just look like a normal person randomly floating around."
"Nah, I don't think they could see me at all. What about you, do you look like a crazy person who's perfectly okay with being on fire?"
"I'm not sure, it'd be funny though."

We laugh, and ask each other more stupid questions, before we are interrupted by my growling stomach.
"I think that's my cue to go."
"Don't be silly, you have to taste my cooking skills." Rin whines, and before I can object, he slings me over his shoulder and begins walking to the dinning area. Knowing any attempt of escape would be fruitless, I decide to just go with it. Besides, homemade food beats frozen pizza any day.

He drops me off at the table, before running to the kitchen. My tail uncurls from my torso as I allow it to swing casually behind me. I twirl a shadow around my fingers, molding it into a tiny horse. "Amare, do you like spicy stuff?" Rin shouts from the kitchen, causing me to loose concentration, and my little shadow thing.
"I don't care either way." I call back bored.

He finally walks back with two plates of steaming chicken, and other stuff, a sits across from me. "Come on, dig in." He chimes. I take a bite, and I swear it's some of the best food I've ever eaten.
"This is so good Rin!" I say, my mouth still full. He laughs, "I'm glad you like it!" I give a satisfied nod, and keep eating. I had no idea food could taste this good!

I finish up about the same time Rin does, so he jumps up and grabs both of our dishes. "I'll be right back!" I smile and unconsciously start playing with my tail.

Suddenly, without warning, the main door opens, and I hear Yukio's voice "I smell dinner what'd you make Rin." His eyes suddenly lock on me, my horns and tail clearly visible. Panicked, I yell, "Patet murum!" Instantly becoming invisible. I know he's seen me, but I didn't know what to do.

Yukio stands there speechless as Rin runs in hearing the commotion. "Rin, what the hell was that?"
"What was what?"
"Don't screw with me Rin!"
"I'm not doing shit Yukio! I have no clue what you're talking about!"
"Don't lie to me, was that Amare?"
"She was here earlier, but I guess she left."
"Rin I know you're hiding something from me!" Yukio's face is red with anger, his forehead tense. The sight sends chills down my spine, and nervousness is plastered on Rins face. He has gone this far to protect me, but I'm not about to let myself tear apart their relationship as brothers for my own sake.

Releasing the spell, I step between the two of them, pushing them apart, and out of their fighting stances. Rin's features immediately soften, "Amare, what are you doing?!" Yukio's firm glare becomes a mix or fear, confusion, and anger, seemingly directed at both of us. "Rin, now do you care to explain what's going on?"