Uniform

I stand up and sheath my knife, which forces my wings back into my body. I slip on a different tee shirt and laugh as I accidentally put an arm through one of the wing slots. After ripping one too many shirts when I took out my knife, my dad altered the rest of them to have slits for my wings to go through. If anyone saw my clothes they'd probably be really weirded out. Lucky my favorite hoodie hid both my horns, and the holes.

I walked out into the hallway. Dad was making dinner, and I could smell the distinct sent of cake in the oven. "Umbra vitae" I whisper and give form to a small shadow lizard. "Go ring the doorbell to distract dad, and report back." I ordered. The creature ran to the dot and slipped under the door. The smaller they are, the less energy the require to form, so hopefully this one can talk.

The doorbell rings and I hide up the stairs so he can't see me. When he turns around I sneak to the kitchen and dip my finger in the icing. He made peanut butter freaking icing, no doubt with a chocolate cake. I hear the door close and rush to the top of stairs before he shakes his head and re locks the door.

The little guy scurries back and climbs up to my ear. "It's done" I hear a small, truly creepy voice state. I release it and shiver. Note for later: their voices are creepy as hell.

He turns around, and I start making my way downstairs, "Hey dad! What's for dinner?" He laughs.
"Hamburgers, but the cake is a surprise." He smirks, and I grin happily. I've been pre-tasting the frosting for 3 years now, and he still hasn't caught on.

"Now sit on the couch and turn on something good, okay?" I nod and walk over, throwing myself onto the cushion. I grab the remote and flip through the channels nonchalantly. Dad brings over the hamburgers and sits next to me. "Happy birthday Mar," he says and ruffles my hair the best he can.

After we eat, I stand to put away our dishes, and throw the remote to him, "here, try to find something to watch." He nods, but just sets it on the table.

I walk back and he pulls out a box out from under the couch. I laugh and bounce back onto the couch, taking the box in my hands. Inside is what appears to be a school uniform. I pull it out, and nearly shriek. "No way! How did you pull that off?!" I exclaim. In the box is a uniform for the prestigious school, True Cross Academy, otherwise known as my dream school since I was young. "One of my clients a few months back worked as vice principal there. They were so impressed with my work, they pulled a few strings to get you in." He states. I embrace him in a tight hug, "thank you, thank you, thank you!" I cheer, and he laughed at my eagerness.

I run up, uniform in hand to try it on. It's not the best color, but it will do. I pull it on and noticed dad already cut the slits in the back of the blouse. The uniform had both a vest for warm weather, and a hooded coat for winter, although I'd be wearing the coat for more than its intended purpose. It fits nicely, and I unfurl my wings to see how I look. The dark wings look funny against the uniform's bright colors and I laugh to my self and re-seal my blade.

I'd be going in a few months, because I could only enroll at the start of second semester. I wasn't looking forward to the rich snobs, but I couldn't wait, this was the best school anywhere, and nothing would get in my way.

~I could end here, but I love you guys, and I'm actually inspired to write more! XD~

I arrive my first day in uniform and coat, and my dad hugs me goodbye. I wave as he drives off and walk up to the secretary. "Um, my name is Amare Ukato." I say to the woman at the desk. She smiles warmly and thumbs through several folders before finding mine. "Here you go. This is your class schedule, and this is your dorm key." She says handing the things to me.

I walk to my first class, but I wasn't paying attention, and I run into someone. "Oh um sorry." I let out and look up and who I hit. "Amare?" He asks.
"Oh, hey Rin, I didn't know you went here."
"Yeah, when did you start going here?"
"Today is my first day." He smiles and takes my schedule.
"You have the same first class as me, I'll take you there" he turns around, and I notice something I hadn't seen before, a tail.

Could it be that he was like me? Why didn't hide his tail? Didn't he know exorcists could find him like that? Where were his horns? So many questions rush through my mind at once.

He stops and turns around concerned, "Amare? Are you okay?"
"Uh... Yeah. Can I ask you something?"
"Sure" he smiles and I see his tail flick back and forth happily. I pull him aside where there weren't other people, "why do you have a tail?" His tail stops moving, and his whole body stands stiff. "You... Can see it?" He questions.
"Yeah" I say simply. He pauses for a second. Wait, does he not know what he is? "Are you going to be in cram school?"
"What?"
"Follow me." He says and grabs my hand. Next thing I know we are at this old dorm building. Rin texted someone earlier, and they are now sitting on the stairs. "So you are able to see demons?" He asks.
"Um, yes I am."
"Will you be attending cram school?"
"Uh, I don't know what that is..."
"It's training to become an exorcist, so you can destroy the bad demons you see." I jump.
"You're training to become an exorcist? But, your tail..."
"Rin is half demon, the Vatican knows this and is keeping close watch over him, you don't have to worry about my brother here. So what do you say? Would you like to join?"

I back up a bit, I'm in a school with a class of training exorcists, exorcists who might kill me, thinking I was a demon. But Rin wasn't like me, he really was a demon. "How did they let you live? I thought..." I'm so confused, would they let me live too?
"Amare, I know it's a lot, I'm sorry." Rin says softly.

"Okay, I'll join." If I pretend to cooperate, maybe they won't find out. I can't risk them questioning my loyalty.
"Great, I'll go get the papers. Names Yukio by the way" Coat and Glasses says before walking off.

"You'll be okay, I'll protect you. You seem like a great friend." Rin says with a smile and puts hand on my head. "What the hell is on your head?" He says and pulls off my hood revealing my horns. I shriek and stumble backwards, falling onto my back. It all happened so fast, I don't know what to do. He makes his way closer to me and I freak out, I don't know what to do now, if I fly away, they'll chase me, but if I stay, I don't know.

I cower into a corner between the stairs and the building. "Are you a... Demon, Amare?" I look up at Rin's concerned face. I shake my head no. He sits in front of me, like a kid. "I told you what I was, your turn." I'm surprised, he still seems so friendly, even though there isn't much difference between my mother and a demon. Is he waiting for back up? He reaches to me and I brace myself, by all he does is put my hood back. "Look, I like secrets. Tell me what you are, and I'll keep yours."
"I... I'm half fallen angel, half human. My mother fell in love with a human and was cast from heaven. Because of that, I can't let an exorcist know what I am, or they'll kill me."
"Highly doubt it."
"Huh? "
"Look, I'm the son of satan, and they let me live. Satan is a fallen angel too, right?" I nod, his father had the same horn shape as my horns, Rin didn't, would they know what the horns meant?
"No one can find out."
"Deal... Wait, do you have a tail?"
"Yeah, I do."
"How do you keep it hidden all day?! It's so uncomfortable!" He exclaims.

Yukio comes back and sees the two of us chatting, "good, you aren't scared of my stupid older brother I see."
"I'm not stupid!" Rin says jumping to his feet, and he and Yukio start arguing. Looks like life here will be interesting...