Training

I get to my first block and pick a seat in the back, the last thing I need is attention. The teacher is asleep at her desk, and the room is dead quiet.

I see Fiore silently walk into the room, and she smiles a bit when she sees me, a familiar face I guess. She sits in the seat beside me and pulls out a sketch book. She flips through until finding an image of a half drawn dragon. She starts adding scales to its neck and back, working quickly, but delicately. I watch her pencil move across, as the dragon become more realistic with every stroke.

Finally the room has mostly filled up, so the teacher gets to her feet and moves to the front. "We have a new student," she starts, "Amare, can you stand?" I do as she says, and the classes attention moves to me before deciding I wasn't really worth it. Stupid rich kids.

Time skip cause school is boring

After my last class, I wave goodbye to Dell, who thankfully takes my bag. I just start to head to cram school, when a pair of hands cover my eyes. "Guess who!" Shura's voice sounds from behind me.
"Hi Shura" I say turning around. She pouts with her hands on my shoulders.
"Doesn't your girlfriend get a hug?" She whines.
"First of all, I'm straight, and second, no."
"I see how it is, you just want me to win you over." She smirks and walks away before I can retort.

Rin runs up to me and gives me a slight shove, "what's up with huge tits?"
"Rin!"
"Whaaat?" He grins and puts his hands in his pockets. His tail swings behind him leisurely, and I feel my own longing to do the same, it's so uncomfortable to have it curled around my torso.

We get to class and I lean back in the seat next to Rin, and he yawns. "Today we will be working on combat," Yukio says loudly, and Rin perks up.
"What're we fighting?!"
"It's just training Rin." Rin slumps back into the seat, allowing Yukio to finish, "Shiemi and Izumo will be going to room A13, konekomaru, Shima, and Bon to room A53, Rin and Amare follow me."

We follow Yukio to the training room , where he sets up this machine inside a cage. "Shura was supposed to be training you two today, but she wandered off somewhere... So today you'll be facing the machine."
"Ugh" Rin groans, obviously bored.

Rin grabs a wooden katana off the shelf and spreads his feet. Suddenly the machine begins firing balls at him, while he swings repeatedly trying to keep them from making contact. After what must have been over a hundred balls, the machine stops. "Level 1 over: 26 misses 94 hits 5 Evasive maneuvers." The machine says.
"Yes!" Rin shrieks holding the sword over his head, "your turn Amare." He steps out of the cage throwing me the katana. "Don't worry about breaking it Amare, trust me, it's happened before." Yukio says. Nodding I step inside, and decide to make it a bit more my size. I snap the end off so it's about the same size as my knife. "Not what I meant, but whatever." Yukio sighs.

I spread my stance and ready my self for the barrage of balls. The machine starts, and I dart the wooden stick to hit each one, swiftly moving side to side to keep from being hit. Finally the balls stop, and I stand upright. "Level 1 over: 23misses 91 hits 11 evasive maneuvers." I drop the knife and put my hands on my knees panting. "That was amazing!" Rin cheers.
"And with half a sword, nice work." Yukio agrees.

After a few more rounds Rin and I stop for a water break. Body of us are panting on the bench, and Yukio is in the cage shooting at the balls. "You're really good Amare." Rin says before beginning to chug his second water bottle.
"Thanks, so are you." I laugh. We sit there awkwardly before I feels Rin's head resting on my shoulder.

Yukio God for a couple rounds before coming out and wiping the sweat off his brow. "Get my brother up would you? Class is over for the day and we need to get back to our building." He says casually grabbing his coat and putting it over his shoulder.
"I can carry him there, he's not getting up." I laugh. Yukio shrugs,
"If you don't mind, that would be great. Once he's out it's hard to get him back up." I pick Rin up piggy back style, and follow closely behind Yukio.

We reach the building Rin dragged me to yesterday, and Yukio stops. "This is it, can you carry him up the steps?"
"It's no problem, he's light." I laugh and shift him a bit higher up.

Yukio leads me down the empty hall and open up a door. "That's his bed." He says gesturing to the bed on the left. I nod and lay him down on it. "Thanks Amare, I don't know how I'd get him all the way here without you. You're a lot stronger than you look."
"I get that a lot..." I say nervously, "where's everyone else in the building?"
"Because of Rin's demonic power, we keep him separate from everyone else." I nod slowly, if they found out what I am, would I be all alone too?
"Well anyway, goodnight Amare, get back safe."
"Oh, yeah, thanks. I will." I say as I leave.

I get back and Dell is sitting on her bed swinging her legs happily, "Hey Amare! Your bag's on the desk."
"Thanks." I yawn, "I'm going to bed, okay?"
"Sounds good to me!"

I walk to the bathroom with my bag, and change into my pajamas and wash my face. As I walk back to the room, I see Izumo walking toward the bathroom and quickly cover my head with my hood. "How was training Izumo?" I ask politely. She ignores me and keeps walking, rude bitch.

Back in the room, I uncover my horns and let out my tail. "I'm going to call my dad real quick, do you mind?" I ask Dell.
"Nah, go ahead." She says before turning back over.

I sit at the desk, and dial my dad's number before holding the phone to my ear. "Hey dad."
"Mar, is that you?" His familiar voice calls from the other end.
"Yep, I wanted to call to tell you I'm doing just fine."
"Good, you pick up any extra curricular activities?"
"Uh... Kinda... I'all explain in person next time I see you."
"Fair enough, make any friends?"
"A few, remember the kid from the funeral? He goes here? And we've gotten pretty close."
"Not to close I hope." I laugh,
"Of course not, I've got to get some sleep, I'll call again later."
"Alright, good to know you're okay. I worry you know?"
"I know, bye dad I love you."
"Bye, love you too"

I hung up and smiled, things really are going okay here. I curl up into my sheets and let sleeps cold hands take hold of me.