Stolen

~SCHOOL IS A TERRIBLE PLACE! Sorry about not updating, but school started this past week so I've been busy. I'll update as often as I can, but I really can't write as much as before. Please be patient with me in this sad time.~

Yukio's explaining different types of plants, and Rin's asleep next to me. The little shadow cat I summoned sits next to my pencil, occasionally pawing at it. I already used the energy to summon it, I figure I might as well leave it, it's not doing any harm.

I put my hand and my belt, only to notice that something very important is missing. I shot up, "Mr. Okumura, may I use the restroom?"
"Be quick"
"Yes sir!" I dart out of the room.

I know exactly who took my knife, that's why she was so eager to push me back in. Shura could open my blade at any second, and I don't even know where she is! I quickly make my way down the hall and out the door of the cram school. Thankfully there's no one outside.

As if on cue, my wings erupt from my back. Damn it, I have to find her before anyone finds me! I can't fly, because she could close it at anytime and that would end poorly if I was in the air.

I can't just stand here and do nothing! I run back into the hallway in the direction I assume shura was going, and listen for any sign of her. Suddenly I hear footsteps, and I dart into the nearest room and shut the door. I look around, and thankfully it's completely empty. I might as well just wait until my wings go back in and get my knife back then.

It's been nearly half an hour, and my black wings are still visible. What the hell is she doing? I rest my head on my knees and begin to close my eyes, when I hear footsteps outside the door. I don't pay much attention, until they stop at the door. I hide myself behind the large wooden desk facing the door, and curl my wings a round me. I peer through a small hole, and she the door handle start to turn.

"Amare?" A familiar voice whispers. I look up, to see Rin's worried face.
"Rin? What are you doing? Come in and shut the door." He steps into the dark room and lightly closes the door.
"I got worried, so I lied, and said I had to go too. I... Uh... Smelled you over here. Are you alright?"

I stand and let my wings fan out behind me. "Yeah, Shura took my knife, and she still hasn't closed it. My wings come out when its unsheathed, and I can't go out there looking like this." I sigh. Rin walks closer to inspect the the feathery plumage, and runs his hand across them.
"They're really soft, I didn't think you'd actually have wings. Can I see your tail?" I laugh and unravel my tail from around my torso, letting it out of my shirt. I just feel really comfortable around Rin, it's nice to have a friend who I can trust.

Rin snaps me out of my thinking, "When do you think she'll re-sheath it?" I shrug,
"Who knows. What time is it?"
"Don't know, but it's probably been like an hour since you left."
"I'm sorry, you can get back to class."
"Are you kidding? Go back to learning about plants with four eyes? I don't think so." I laugh and sit on the desk I was previously cowering under.
"Do you know if the Vatican knows anything about horns?"  Rin gives me a questioning gaze,
"What about 'em? I mean, they know that a good number of demons have them, I mean, that's obvious."
"No, like what they mean."
"I didn't know that they meant anything, and I don't remember hearing anything about it... But then again, I don't pay attention well..."
"Oh..." We sit on the desk in silence for a bit.
"Do yours mean something?" Rin asks suddenly.
"Yeah, all Angels' horns mean something, they determine your role in society... Well they do if you live there... Down here, I guess they just determine how much magical power you have, or what spells you're good at." Rin pulls my hood off so he can see my horns, and stares at them. "What are you doing?" I laugh. His face is really serious, and so different from his normal expressive face.
"I'm trying to figure out what yours mean."
"I don't think you can..."
"Well then you're just going to have to tell me." He huffs.

"If I was in heaven, I would be head of the Royal army." I say proudly, " but it'll never happen, I'm banned from heaven. I have a tail, and my wings are stained black as proof of that."
"That sucks. What'd you do to get kicked out? You seem cool to me."
" I was never there. I was born on earth. My mom was kicked out for falling in love with a human."

"So you got punished for something you're parent did. I did too, I haven't done anything, but because my dad is satan, I get treated like a demon."  We sit there without saying a word, we're  so similar in so many ways.

I wake up on the floor with my head resting on Rin's chest, my wings covering both of us like a warm blanket. I sit up trying not to wake him up and head to the window, it's almost sundown. I wonder where the class thinks we've gone. It's probably close to over at this point. Suddenly I hear footsteps and Rin leaps up.
"Admit it, that bastard is probably in one of these rooms loving it up,"
"What?! No! I called dibs! He can't override the man code!"
"Or maybe they were just sick?"
"I seriously doubt it, that girl just looks like a slut."
"We should at least give them benefit of the doubt, right Ni?"
"Ni!"
"Dammit Rin, where are you?"
"Maybe Amare's upset that I took her knife..."
"Shura you what?!"
"Relax, I was gonna give it back. I just wanted to see the blade, look how shiny it is!"
"Where's the sheath?"
"Chill, it's right here, see?
"Well put it back!"
"Okay okay geez"

My wings finally retreat back into my back, I owe Yukio one. Suddenly the door bursts open while I'm sitting on the corner of the desk. "I knew it."
"Oh shut it Bon, Amare was upset that she lost her knife, so I was consoling her and we fell asleep." Great job Rin, now I look like a cry baby.
"You didn't loose it, here." Shura says tossing it to me, " it's really pretty."
"Thanks, it's just really special to me." Yukio smacked Shura on the back of the head.
"Yeah, sorry. To make it up to you, how about I take ya for milkshakes, my treat." It's not perfect, but it's a start. At least she's trying.
"Sure"
"No matter, you two both have detention this Wednesday." Yukio says butting in completely uninvited might I add.

Shura grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. "I know a great place" she says winking at me.
"Lead the way."