Dad's Back

It seems like so long ago Shura and I last came here, when in reality it was probably less that a month ago. So much has changed, but the milkshakes are still as good as I remember. If you had told me back then that I would fall in love with the crazy woman who took me out for milkshakes, I'd think you'd lost your mind. And yet, here I am, head over tail in love.

*****

Back at Shura's house, the two of us are cuddled up on the couch when we hear a knock on the door. Shura groans, and I laugh, "don't worry, I got it."
"Thanks love." She smiles and kisses my nose before I pull myself up and put my hoodie back on.

I open the door to find someone I really hadn't expected. My dad pulls me into a bear hug the second he sees me, and I hug back excited. "You haven't called in so long, so I thought I'd come surprise you in person."
"You sure it wasn't because you were were worried about me?" He puts his hands up in mock defeat, "alright, you got me."
"How'd you know where I was staying?"
"I went and talked to the head master. So since you aren't living in the dorms I can only assume you got yourself a boyfriend. I do hope I'd approve of the lad." As if on cue, Shura's voice calls from behind me, "what's taking so long, I'm getting lonely. Just invite them in if you're going to talk for so long. "
"Sorry, come on in dad."

He follows behind me, as I lead him inside. "Shura this is my dad." Shura stands quickly and shakes his hand, "Nice to finally meet you sir, my name is Shura Kirigakure. I am your daughter's girlfriend." My dad stares in shock for a second before smiling back, "Nice to meet you too. Amare why didn't you tell me you were gay?"
"I didn't know I was to be honest."
"That's because she's just gay for me." Shura smirks and kisses my cheek making me blush a deep scarlet.
"Shura!"

My father clears his throat, "so last I talked to you, you said you had gotten involved in an extracurricular activity. You said you'd tell me when you saw me in person."
"Oh yeah, I forgot I haven't told you yet. One sec, I'm going to get some water because it will take a while to explain everything that's happened. Do you want anything?" He shook his head no, and I stood and tree my hoodie off, not having to worry about anyone seeing my horns. Shura caught it and called after me,  "get me a can of beer would you?"

I know it's short, and I'm really late on my update. I'm really busy doing tech for the musical "The Little Mermaid" which we just finished our 15th and final time doing it, followed almost immediately by "Shrek Jr." which opens this weekend. It's been fun but extremely exhausting. I'll do a proper update as soon as I can.