Untrusted Love - Chapter 2

"No, I actually don't." Allie didn't hesitate.

          "I kind of figured that would be your answer, mostly because we just met right?" Nick asked

          "Yea, mostly because of that."

          "So have you ever trusted anyone before?"

          Allie looked at him for a second then said, "No."

          "Wow. So your whole life you've never had to count on anyone? You've been independent, the whole time?"

          "Yea pretty much my whole life." She answered.

          "Do you think you could ever trust me?" He asked.

          "You have a lot of questions, don't you?" Allie said, giggling.

          "Okay, yea I know I'm sorry for asking so many things. But you can't blame a guy for being a little curious can you?" He laughed with her.

          "No I guess not." She smiled.

          "But really, do you think you could ever actually really trust me?" Nick asked again.

          "I don't know. There might be a good possibility. You never know."

          "Yea I guess. So will you walk with me on the beach?" He asked. Allie smiled. "Come on you know you want to." Nick said, smiling back.

          "Okay." Allie agreed.

          They started to walk down the sandy beach. Nick couldn't stop looking at her. He thought she was just flat out gorgeous. He loved the way her brown hair flew across her face when the wind blew. He finally looked away from her and focused on the ocean water. The big waves were starting to get closer to shore. But he realized he left his board back where he fell. He wouldn't get in the water and leave Allie. He wanted to stay with her. He started to stare at her again. Then out of no where, he smiled. She looked at him and smiled because he was smiling.

          "Um.. I should be heading home. My parents don't know I left." She said as she looked down at the sand between her toes.

          Nick wished she didn't have to go, "Okay, want me to walk you?"

          Allie started walking away, "No I'll be fine."

          "Well I guess I'll see you around."

          Allie looked back and said, "Yea we will."

          Nick stood there thinking about the last words she said then couldnt stop himself from running after her, "Listen, uhh," He started. "I'm gonna be here around like 2 hours before sun set, and ya know maybe if you want.. you could come back down here with me." He finished, hoping for a yes.

          "Okay, I'll be back down here before sun set." Allie agreed with a big grin across her face.

Nick smiled, "Okay. I'll be right here waiting for you."

          "Okay, I'll see you then."

          All Nick could think after that, was kissing her. What it would be like. Then she started to walk away again. He watched her until he couldn't see her anymore.

          He started walking back to his board. When he got to it, he looked out at the water and the waves were perfect. But all he could really think about was Allie's beautiful smile and her wonderful hazel eyes. He picked up his board and went home. When he got there, he ran up stairs and took a shower. Then he went in his room and looked out his window and saw that it was still a sunny, windy day. He put on tan shorts and a blue plaid long sleaved shirt, folding up the sleeves half way. He wanted to look his best. He had nothing to do. Had nothing planned but to walk on the beach with Allie and watch the sun set. So he watched TV till it was time to go.

          2 Hours Before Sun Set

          Nick looked out his window and saw that the sun was about to start setting. He grabbed his brown jacket, left his room, made his way to the living room and went out the front door. He was so excited to see Allie again. He was smiling the whole way to the beach, going over in his head what might happen.

          When he got there, he went to the spot he told Allie where he would be waiting for her. He looked around and there was only a few couples there. He looked back and there she was. He put the biggest smile on his face. He started walking towards her.

          "Hey." He greeted her.

          "Hi." She smiled. She was wearing black shorts and a short sleeved pink shirt. Allie put her arm threw his and got close to him. Nick looked at her, beaming, "Are you cold?"

          "Yea, just a little."

Nick took his jacket off and put it over her shoulders. She smelled it, "You smell very good."

          Nick smiled, "Well thanks, I try to smell my best."

          She grinned and looked at the sun.

          "So tell me. Do you trust me now?" Nick asked.

          Allie looked back at him, "No not yet."

          "Aw come on, I'm like totally adorable." He said in a playful voice.

          Allie laughed, "Okay, fine. I guess I trust you just a little. But only a little!"

          "Okay then, that's better." He looked at the sun. He thought over what he wanted to say before he said it. Would this scare her away or bring her closer? He wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't try.  He came to the conclusion that he would ask.

          "Would it be horrible if I asked you out on a date?" He paused, and when she didn't say anything he continued, "on Saturday?"