Untrusted Love - Chapter 18

Allie turned around and saw Mark grinning. His grin was nothing like Nick's grin. Nick's grin always made her smile. Made her feel different. Mark's grin was completely different. It made her feel uncomfortable.

"So what about that number?" Mark asked once more.

"Fine. Just don't call me tonight."

"You're going to give me your number but I can't call?"

"Just don't call."

Mark took a sharpie out of his pocket and handed it to her. "Right it on my hand."

Giving Mark her number was like cutting off all of her hair. It made no sense. When Allie wrote down the seventh number she realized that this would make it seem like she was over Nick. That she had moved on. And to her that was the worst feeling in the world.

She gave the pen back to him and looked at him.

"Why can't I call?" He asked.

"Because I don't want you to."

"Why not?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mark." She dropped the conversation and walked into her house.

Allie woke up to the sound of her annoying alarm. She turned it off and got out of bed. She slowly stumbled to the bathroom to take a long, warm shower.

A few minutes later, she was back in her room picking out the clothes she would wear. She picked out her favorite jeans. The ones that had two holes where her knees were. She also picked out her favorite shirt, a plain black V neck that hugged her waist tightly.

When she felt she looked her best, she grabbed her purse and her bag and rushed down stairs. She stopped at the front door and picked up her shoes. She went outside and sat on the first step and put them on. She stood up and waited for her friend, Katie, to pick her up.

About 5 minutes past and she was there. Allie walked towards Katie's car and got in. Lily and Tiffany, her other friends, were sitting in the back.

"Morning, Allie." They all said.

"I'm so not looking forward for where today brings me." She said, shutting the car door.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Okay, I'll tell you guys if you promise not to tell anyone. I mean anyone." She looks back at Lily and Tiffany after eyeing Katie.

Katie started driving when they all promised not to tell anyone.

"Well, last night when I was walking home from the beach, I ran into Mark."

Katie slammed on the breaks causing all the girls to fly forward.

"Katie, what's your problem?" Tiffany yelled.

"Sorry guys." She chuckled and started driving again.

"Anyway," Allie continued. "You guys he asked me out."

They all held onto their seats to prepare for Katie to slam down on the breaks again.

"Ha-ha very funny." Katie rolled her eyes.

"He did what?" Lily asked.

Tiffany looked at Lily and said, "He asked her out."

Lily gave her a blank look.

"You need to listen, Lily." Tiffany added.

Allie and Katie laughed.

Katie parked and turned off the car when they reached the school parking lot. Allie was dreading the moment when she first walked into the school doors. She knew what her answer would be to Mark. She opened the door of the car and got out.