Untrusted Love - Chapter 3

"No, it wouldn't be horrible." Allie answered him after a few seconds.

          Nick smiled, "Well alright!" in a funny voice, making her giggle

          "So you wouldn't get scared and run away from me if I asked you out on a date?" He asked.

          "No, I probably wouldn't."

          "Probably?" He questioned "So you're telling me that you might get scared and you might not?"

          "Probably." She said with a smirk on her face, making Nick's smile grow.

          "Can I tell you something?" He asked.

          "Sure." She said as she used her hand to tuck some hair behind her ear.

          Nick stopped walking and so did Allie.

          He took a deep breath and said, "I like you. I like you a lot, actually." Allie smiled as he went on, "When I first saw you today, I thought, ya know.. WOW! I never thought a girl could be as beautiful as you." She smiled and blushed.

          Nick returned a smile from seeing her blush, "I'm glad I fell down today and hurt my head."

          Allie laughed, "Why would you be proud of something like that?"

          "Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have met you. And we both know that you wouldn't have came over to me if I didn't fall." He said very proudly.

          Allie laughed again, "Well, then I guess I'm kinda glad you fell today too."

          Nick smiled and reached for her hand and held it.

          He got closer to her. Allie quickly stopped smiling. She knew what was about to happen. He got even closer. She didn't know what to do. She panicked, backing away a little bit.

          "What's wrong?" He asked.

          She looked frightened, "Nothing." she quickly answered.

          He knew why she backed away from him. He knew she knew that he was wanting to kiss her.

          So he decided not to try again soon, he didn't want to scare her away. He took her hand again and started walking.

          Nick couldn't take it anymore. He just had to ask her, "What are you so afraid of?"

          Allie glanced over at him, "What?"

          "Why are you so scared?" He rephrased the question.

          "Because, that's just the way I am, it's just me." she thought of her words carefully before saying them, "Ya know, I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, but only seconds to destroy it. That's why I'm so afraid."

          Nick didn't say anything for awhile. Then he finally gathered up something in his head, "Well, in the words of Bob Marely, 'The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.' And I'm kinda really hoping, I'm the one that's worth it. Even though I'll try my best not to cause it."

          Allie smiled, "That's sweet."

          "It was supposed to be." He smiled back, nudging her arm playfully.

          "So I might ask you something. But you gotta promise not to get scared or anything." Nick said as he put his hands in his pockets, "Oh and you can't say no."

          Allie giggled, "Okay, go on, ask me."

          He stopped walking again and so did she. Still holding her hand he asked, "Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?"

          She answered faster then he thought she would, "Yes."

          "Really?!" He blurted out, shocked.

          "Yea." She smiled as he rubbed his thumb on the top of her hand. She liked the feeling. It was new and unfamiliar. It felt good. She looked at the sun when she realized Nick wasn't going to say anything else.

          Nick turned around to see what she was looking at, " You wanna leave before it gets dark?"

          "Yea." She said, still looking at the sun.

          He held onto her hand and walked her over to the steps that lead up to the road. When they got to the top, Nick asked, "Want me to walk you home?"

          "Sure." She grinned.

          "Good, but even if you said no, I would have walked you home anyway."

          "Oh really?" She raised her eyebrows.

          He nodded proudly, "Yep, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.

          As they walked, Allie saw that they were close to her house, she thought about what might happen when they got there. Only one thing was running threw her head. She snapped out of her thoughts and saw that they were at her house. Nick walked her up to her door step. When they got there, they faced each other wondering what might happen.

          "So this is me." She said in a shaky voice. She was nervous. She'd been with guys but she never did anything real intimate. Nick moved his body closer to hers. Allie didn't know what to do again. When he moved even so closer, she got scared and closed her eyes. Then something amazing happened.