Untrusted Love - Chapter 10

Allie looked out the window to see if she saw anything, or anyone.

          "Don't worry, it was nothing." Nick said. He kissed her and put his hands back on her waist. She put her hands on his chest gently and kissed him back. He pushed himself up agains't her as close as he could get.

          Allie could feel something kind of hard pushing at her stomach. She realized where this was going. "Nick." She sighed, pushing him back a little bit.

          "What?" he was confused.

          Allie shook her head, saying no to him.

          He rested his forehead on hers, "I'm sorry."

          She looked into his eyes but didn't say anything. Nick moved away from her and sat on the ground. Allie watch him as he did so.

          "Why aren't things okay?" he asked.

          "What do you mean?"

          "Before we came here, you told me that things weren't okay, and that you wanted to go some where relaxing and talk about it."

          She sat down beside him.

          "Tell me." He urged her on.

          She rested her head on his shoulder, "It's just, my mother." She lifted her head off his shoulder and scooted over until she was sitting in front of him and held both of his hands. "She, doesn't trust you."

          "She doesn't trust me?" he raised his eyebrows, making lines form on his forehead.

          Allie nodded.

          He looked at her for a minute, "Why?"

          "I don't know. I think it's because when my dad came up in my room and your shirt was unbuttoned," she paused, "I'm sure he told my mom and then she told me that she didn't trust you and that I should keep an eye on you."

          "Well what did you say to her about it?" Nick asked.

          "Nothing. I mean I told her that you were showing me a bruise, that's all."

          "What? Why did you do that?" he raised his voice.

          "No. I didn't tell her how you got it, I almost did but I caught myself and lied to her."

          "What's the lie?" he calmed down.

          "That you fell." she smiled.

          "And what did she say?" he grinned a little.

          "She still said that she didn't trust you."

          "Oh." he looked down, moving some dirt around with his finger. He looked back up to find her smiling at him.

          He could see her face from the moonlight from the window. "You look beautiful."

          She moved closer to him, ready to kiss him but Nick lifted her up and sat her on his lap. She wrapped her legs around his waist and embraced him tightly.

          "Allie," Nick started. "Can I tell you something?"

          She leaned back some so he could see her nod her head.

          He looked at her for awhile, "Never mind."

          "No, tell me."

          "No, it's not important."

          "Please." she begged.

          "It's nothing, okay." he made it final.

          Allie rested her forehead on his again and looked into his eyes, "Okay."

          "Okay." Nick said.

          "Are you ever going to tell me?" she brought it back up, smiling.

          "Allie." he lifted her off of him then stood up.

          "What?" Allie said, standing up and wiping the hay and sand off her clothes.

          "Drop it, please."

          "Will you ever tell me?" she asked one more question.

          "Yes." He said honestly.

          "I wish I knew what it was." she smiled.

          "You will know. Later."