Untrusted Love - Chapter 11

"It's getting late, we should start heading back." Nick said, holding Allie's hands and helping her walk over to the door because of the dark.

          When they reached the door he and turned the handle to open it. They both walked out of the shack. Allie looked up at the sky. The moon was as bright as ever.

          "Where are we going?" She asked.

          "I don't know. I don't think I'll be going' back home for awhile. And your parents pretty much hate me already. I don't know where we're going." Nick said as they got back on the sidewalk. Allie held his hand and walked closer beside him and rested her head on his arm. Nick smiled and shivered a bit. He didn't have his shirt on because Allie was still wearing it.

          "Nick, you're cold. You need you're shirt back." She insisted.

          "No, then you'll get cold."

          "Maybe, but I already have a shirt on. It's not fair to you because I have double the warmth and you have nothing."

          Nick grinned at how serious she was being about this, "That's not true." Allie looked at him in a weird way.

          "I have you." He finished.

          Allie blushed with a small smile appearing on her face, "Oh, Nick." She shook her head.

          "I have an idea." Nick's face suddenly seemed brighter.

          "What is it?" Allie asked.

          "Do you have a tent?"

          She laughed. "A tent?"

          "Yeah, a tent. Do you have one?"

          "Um, I don't know." She thought about it for a second, "If I do, it's probably somewhere in my garage."

          "Well alright, lets go get it." Nick said.

           "Nick, this way." Allie said as she walked to the side of her house and opened the garage door as quietly as she could. She walked in and Nick followed.

          She looked around, the darkness didn't make the process any easier. But eventually, they found a small sized tent. Nick carried it out of the garage and then Allie grabbed a flash light off the table, made sure it worked, then walked out and shut the door softly behind her. They got in the middle of the road and started walking towards the beach.

          When they finally reached the steps that lead down to the sand, they were relieved. Allie flashed the light on the steps so they could see better.

          "I like coming here." Nick said.

          "Why?"

          "Ah, it's just peaceful and relaxing. And I met you here."

          Allie smiled, "Sort of the same reasons why I like coming here too."

          When they got to the sand, they walked down the beach a little bit to get away from the steps and away from the road so the wouldn't hear cars passing on the road. Nick put the tent down on the sand then started putting it together. Allie helped him a little but could only use one hand because she had the flash light in the other other. After they finished, Allie remembered something they should have gotten before they left her house.

          "Nick," Allie said.

          "Yeah?" He was checking out the inside of the tent.