Untrusted Love - Chapter 20

"Yeah," Allie crosses her arms, "I was starting to think you weren't even going to show up."

"Sorry. Megan was, uh, you know what? Never mind that." He laughed to himself.

Allie walked over to the picnic table and sat down on the top. Nick followed copying her.

"So, this might not be over between us?" He asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"You showed up. Does that mean you still care about me?" He wanted to get straight to the point. He was tired of dodging what he really wanted to say. It was getting him no where.

She shrugged again, looking away from him.

"You probably hate Megan." He laughed, letting his question slide without an answer.

"It's not funny, Nick." She looks back at him, eyes wide with...what? He couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry." He scoots closer to her.

"I hate you for going out with her."

"I'm sorry about that too,"

"No, let me finish." She cut in.

He stopped and listened to everything she had to say.

"What you would feel like if you saw me kissing some guy? You probably don't even know what that feels like." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes I do." He said, rudely.

"Oh you do? You would know what it would feel like to see someone elses tongue down my throat?"

"I do know what that feels like. You're not the only one in the world who's been hurt you know."

"Nickie!" They both heard a high pitched voice from a distance.

Nick looked up to see Megan standing at the top of the hill waving him to come up. He rolled his eyes and looked back at Allie. She wasn't looking at him. She had her arms crossed, eyes on the ground.

"Allie," He continued..

"Nickie!" Megan yelled again.

"Hang on!" He yelled back.

Allie looked at Nick. She looked like she had tears in her eyes. "Better go to your girlfriend, Nickie." She mimicked Megan.

He ignored it though. "I do know what it feels like and I'm sorry that I made you feel that way. I really am. I still love you." His own bluntness surprised him. "You should know that. Megan means nothing to me. I'm going to break up with her when I get up there." He looked up to Megan he was looking impatient.

"I don't care what you and that slut do. I really don't care anymore." She scoots away from him.

"Why are you being like that."

"Because you messed everything up! So I should naturally be pissed at you."

"NICK!" Megan screeched.

"One sec!" He yelled back.

"I didn't mess this up. So don't blame me. You were the one who wouldn't let me explain. You were the one who ran from me that night. I would have made things better if you would have let me."

Allie stood up. "I shouldn't have came here to see. I should have known you were just going to be an ass." She started walking away.

"No. I'm not letting you leave. You're just scared."

"Excuse me?" She stopped walking and turned around.

"You're scared that you'll get hurt."

She laughed and started walking again.