Untrusted Love - Chapter 24

Nick stepped away from her and sat down on the floor beside a stack of Pepsi boxes. He looked at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact just yet.

Allie stared at him for while then sat down away from him. She leaned against the window and looked up the row at some people talking.

"I thought you were cute." He finally answered her. She looked at him to see that he was looking at her now.

"I still think you're cute." He continued. "And I'm still sorry."

Allie had nothing to say. She actually felt bad that she was mad at him. She had her reasons though and she was going to stick with them. She wasn't going to let Nick get to her.

"Why do you have to be like this?" He started getting aggravated.

"Excuse me?" She was offended.

He scooted over to her then continued. " You know that I'm sorry. I know you can't think I would cheat on you like that."

"No I don't know!" She interrupted. "I don't know you anymore. I don't know what you could have done."

"Yes you do. You know me and you love me."

Allie looked away from him then quietly said, "I don't love you."

"You're going to sit here and tell me that you don't love me? After everything we went through?"

"Yes. You don't care."

"That's bull! You can't say that I don't care. You have no right to tell me that I don't care about you!" He yelled.

The man that talked to Allie before over heard them and looked back at them as they fought.

"I saved you from being...and he was one of my best...." He was so angry he couldn't finish his sentences. "You can't sit here and tell me that I don't give a fuck about you because that's a lie. That's not true, Allie. I care more than you think. Don't tell me that I don't care because I do!" He voice raised.

"Okay, Nick!" Allie yelled back. She pushed him away than stood up.

"Where are you going?" He stood up too.

"I need air."

"There's plenty of it back here."

"Not in your presence." Allie walked up the row to the front of the store to sit at one of the tables and look out the window to watch the rain. She was right. She could breathe better at the front of the store. To much rage was in the back where Nick was. She felt like she wanted to cry.

Nick put his hand on the window and leaned against it and looked down at the sidewalk outside. The rain was hitting it hard. He wiped his eyes before any tears could fall out. He couldn't recall a time when he was this stressed out. Especially because of a girl. Why did he still want to be with her? If it was anyone else he would have moved on. He looked up and saw that stranger again from earlier.

"Excuse me, is there something wrong between you two? I mean, what's the problem?" He asked Nick.

Nick gave him a weird look. "You don't need to know our business. It's just a fight. Don't get into it."

"Are you guys together?" He asked.

"Yes," He lied, knowing he was asking for a reason, "we are just fighting right now. I'm trying to fix it but I would be able to do that if someone wasn't asking me questions about my relationship." He looked back out the window, not regretting being rude to the stranger at all.

"Sorry." He walked back up to the front of the store and noticed Allie sitting at a table. He looked back at Nick who was still looking out the window. He quickly made his way over towards the tables and sat at the table next to Allie's.

"Crying?" He asked. "I've been there." He gave her a little smile.

Allie looked at him and wiped her eyes. "Hi."

"Hi." He smiled. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you. It's weird to tell a stranger my business." She shrugged, still wiping tears away.

"Well maybe we can change that."

Allie looked back at Nick. He was staring out the window, his brow low showing he was angry.

"Allie?" She heard the stranger. He had remembered her name from earlier. She looked back at the man.

"My name is Tyler." He told her, "I didn't get a chance to tell you before." He continued. "That guy back there told me that you two are dating. That's not hard at all for me to believe because you're a very attractive girl. Any guy would be lucky to have you." He scooted over to her table.

Allie couldn't believe this random guy was saying these things to her. She looked back at Nick again then back at Tyler. This guy wasn't bad looking or anything but  she hated that he was flirting with her. She thought it was rude seeing how he just made it very clear that he knew she was dating Nick. She almost hated that Nick wasn't right beside her tell this guy to go somewhere. She liked it when he stood up for her. Even when she was pissed at him.

'Maybe Nick really didn't mean to hurt me.' She thought. 'He did save me from the worst things. He does love me.'

She stood up and walked away from Tyler.

"Allie?" Tyler continued. "Where are you going?"

She didn't answer. She made her way down the isle closer to Nick.

He saw Allie walking towards him out of the corner of his eye. He looked up and saw tears in her eyes. He stood there, not knowing what was about to happen.

Then she did it.