Untrusted Love - Chapter 8

"I don't know. I guess it's just personal stuff. Stuff I can't trust other people with. I only told you everything cause I trust you and I like you. I like you a lot." Nick smiles.

          "Oh." Is all Allie could come up with.

          Nick laid back on her bed , "I'm tired."

          "Me too." she smiled.

          He laughed and pulled her back so she was laying beside him. He put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him.

          "Your bed is comfortable." Nick said, turning over on his stomach, looking at Allie and smiling. He quickly rolled back over to lay on his back. He held his chest, "Remind me not to ever lay like that again."

          Allie giggled, "Why?"

          "My chest," he half smiled, "it's hurts from earlier, so it would be good if I didn't lay on it for a while." he answered.

          Allie got off the bed and went over to her door to shut it then walked back over and sat beside him. She smiled, "Let me see it."

          He sat up and unbuttoned his shirt revealing his chest and the bruises his dad left on him. She gently rubbed her hand over them. He flinched just a little, making her move her hand away quickly.

          "No, it's okay." Nick assured her.

          She moved her hand gently back over the bruises. Then moved her hand to the side of it and looked at Nick. He was staring at her wondering what she was thinking about.

          She quickly took her hand away from him. He smiled, "You're so cute." She giggled.

          All of a sudden Allie's door opened. They both looked at the door and see Allie's dad. He looked at Nick in a very weird way. Nick looked at him and didn't know why he was being stared down like that. Then he realized his shirt was still unbuttoned.

          He quickly stood up and buttoned it back. Allie stood up too, "Dad, this is Nick. Nick this is my dad."

          Her dad looked at them both wondering what they were doing before he came in.

          "Daddy?" Allie asked, wondering why he wasn't saying anything.

          "Nick, is it?" Her dad finally said. Allie could feel herself exhale air that she didn't realize she was holding in.

          Nick looked at him nervously, "Yes sir."

          Her dad looked him up and down, "I'll be keeping an eye on you." Then he walked out of the room, keeping the door open.

          Allie looked at Nick for a few seconds then said, "I'm sorry."

          "No, it's okay, I'm used to dads talking to me like that."

          "What?" Allie asked confused about what he had just said.

          "What?" Nick asked, confused himself.

          "Are you comparing my dad to yours? Are you saying that my dad is like your dad?" Allie asked, stepping away from him a little bit.

          "No, no no. No I didn't mean it to sound like that. It's just, well.. I don't know how it was supposed to sound, but it wasn't supposed to sound like that. I wasn't comparing anything. Okay?" He moved closer to her and held her hands, making sure she forgave him for his mistake in his words.

          She knew by his face that he didn't mean what she thought he meant. "Okay."

          He hugged her, "I'm sorry."