Untrusted Love - Chapter 9

"You wanna' go some where?" Nick asked Allie.

          "But it's still raining. We'll get wet again." Allie answered.

          "Come on. So what if we get wet. Just live a little." Nick said, smiling and grabbing her hand and running out of her room and down the stairs with her.

          She stopped him when they got to the bottom, "Wait, I have to tell my mom I'm going out."

          "Okay." he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

          Allie smiled and quickly went in the dining room where her mom was.

          "Mom?" Allie looked around then found her mother sitting at the table reading a book. "Mom." she said again.

          Her mother looked away from her book, "Yes?"

          "I'm going to go out with Nick." she said then started to walk away.

          "Hold on, Allie." Her mother said.

          Allie stopped and turned around to see her mother walking towards her.

          "Yes?" Allie asked, concerned to hear what she was going to say.

          "Allie, he seems like a really nice boy, but," she started.

          Allie quickly knew where she was going with this, "Mom,"

          "No Allie, listen to me. I don't trust that boy. Your father told me what he saw when he went up to your room." Her mother continued.

          "Mom, he was just showing me a bruise from," Allie stopped speaking quickly.

          "From?" Her mother asked, edging her on for the answer.

          Allie paused for a few seconds trying to think of something. Anything but the truth.

          "Allie, a bruise from what?" Her mother asked again, more sternly.

          "A bruise from," she began.

          "Yes?"

          "A fall."

          "What?"

          "He fell and got a bruise." Allie corrected herself.

          Her mother looked at her in a weird way, trying to detect any trace of a lie, "I still don't trust him. Just promise me that you'll keep an eye on him. If he hurts you in any way, tell my and your father, and we'll take care of it."

          "Mom." Allie rolled her eyes. "I can handle myself. He's sweet, and he cares about me. He's not gonna' hurt me. Just trust me."

          Her mother raised her voice this time, "I do trust you. I just don't trust him, Allie."

          Allie backed away a little, "Well then you can trust that I know what I'm doing. I'll be back later." and with that she turned and left the room.

          "Aye, you ready to go?" Nick smiled.

          Allie didn't smiled, "Yea, lets get out of here."

          Nick stopped smiling and opened the front door and they both walked out. He stopped her from walking off the porch, "What's wrong?"

          She turned around," Nothing, I'm fine, Everything's fine."