Untrusted Love - Chapter 22

Allie woke up a few hours later. When she moved her feet she felt the blanket over her body. She couldn't remember covering herself up. She was feeling so emotional she decided not to think anything about it. She folded the blanket and placed it at the end of her bed. She looked in her mirror and wipes the smeared make up from under her eyes then she made her way down stairs.

Neither of her parents were home yet. She walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water because of the dry feeling in her throat. She takes a few sips then sets it on the counter. She walks back up stairs to do her homework.

When she gets in her room, she picks up her bag and sits it on her bed. She walks over to her desk and picks up all the papers on it. As she's taking her science book out of her bag, she grabs the first piece of paper on top then starts working on the assigned homework.

After she finishes her section reveiw questions, she puts her book back in her bag then gets out her history book. Instead of reaching for a whole piece of papter, she feels a folded peice of paper under her fingers. She looks at it and sees her name and heart beside it.

She picks it up and unfolds it. 

          Dear Allie,

                      I love you so much. Please, just please, after you

          read this come down to the beach. I'm there right now

          waiting for you. At this very moment, I'm thinking about

          you. I'm tired of not being with you; tired of not being able

          to kiss you and hold you every day. I miss you. I need

          you in my arms again. Come down to

          the beach. I love you so much. I'm sorry for the

          things I ever did to you.

                                                                               Love, Nick

She folded the note back up and thought things over. Something didn't seem right.

'How did he get the note in my room?' She thought. 'He had to of came in my house and in my room to put it there.'

She held the note tightly in her hand and stormed out of her room and down the stairs. She slambed the front door behind her and stomped up her street. In no time she made it to the main road. Her anger felt like it was speeding up time. She didn't care if there were cars going by. She made it across the road without a single car honking at her to get out of the way. She reached the stairs and stopped.

She looked down and saw Nick sitting in the sand looking out at the water.

She stomped down the steps with attitude and yelled, "Nick!"

Nick glanced around and saw Allie coming quickly down the steps with the note in her hand. He stood up and walked towards her slowly, smiling. 'She actually came,'

He suddenly sees the angry expression on her face.

"Allie?"

She reaches the bottom of the steps and makes her way through the sand closer to Nick.

"What the fuck is your problem?" She yells.

"What do you mean?" He steps closer to her, trying to understand.