Untrusted Love - Chapter 25

Allie wrapped her arms around Nick's waist and held him close to her body. Nick didn't know what to say or do. He was shocked. He went along with it though and put his arms around her.

Finally he gathered up the words to speak. "What's that for?"

Allie didn't say anything for second. She kept her body pushed up close to his. "I missed you."

He smiled. That's all he wanted to hear her say. "You're not mad anymore?"

"I didn't say that." She stopped hugging him then sat on the floor.

Nick sat down beside her. "What can I do to fix this?"

She pulled her legs up and pressed her knees against her chest then sighed.

"Please." He begged, wanting for the misunderstanding to be done with.

She looked at him for a minute then looked at her feet.

"Allie," He pressed the back of his hand against her shoulder. "Please."

"Fine."

"Thank you." He continued, relieved. "As you remember, that day was the day we were together," He paused, "in that way for the first time."

Of course Allie remembered that day. It was the day Nick and her first made love. The only time they had made love. She would never forget it.

"Do you remember?" He asked her with the palest look on his face. She could tell he was broken and hurting. He had been depressed and needed her now more than ever. She nodded.

He went on. "Megan was a girl I used to like before I had even met you. When I first saw you that day, she was just another girl that lived in my life. She meant nothing to me after I got to know you. I had forgotten all about her to be honest."

Allie smiled.

"After your parents threatened me that day, I went home. That's when I saw Megan."

"So, you wanted to get with her because my parents told you you couldn't see me?" Allie interrupted.

"No," He argued. "She invited herself into my house. I didn't want her there. I tried everything to get her to leave. But she started," He paused again and stared at Allie for a few seconds, not wanting to get too detailed about what Megan did. "she fooled around with me and started kissing me. I tried pushing her away, but she kept coming back for more. That's when I just let her kiss me,"

Allie rolled her eyes and looked away from him.

"No, Allie, listen to me." He turned her face back to face him. "I let her kiss me so I could get her out of my house." He explained.

"How would that have gotten her out of your house?"

"I had a plan." He felt himself grin from remembering what I had done, "I picked her up to take her to the front door. That's why she was in my arms when you saw me open it. That's how I got her out. I mean you saw me drop her on the ground," It really was a good plan. That is until Allie showed up to see it and take it the wrong way.

She didn't say anything. She wanted him to go on.

"And when I saw you standing there with tears in your eyes I knew that I had hurt you and that you saw something completely different than what I just explained. I didn't mean for any of this to happen like it has. I told you I loved you and I meant it."

Allie looked at her feet again and quietly mummbled out an, "Oh."

Nick leaned his back against the wall. "Now that you know what really happened, it's your choice for what our future will be.

"I just, I need to think about this." She stood up and started walking to the another part of the store. Nick stood up too and watched her as she walked away from him. Nerves started to kick in.

Suddenly she turned around and started walking back to him. She hugged him when she got to him. "I'm sorry." She said. Then she walked away from him again to think about everything he just explained to her.

He stood there wondering why she was sorry. He was the one who had hurt her. She didn't have to be sorry for anything.

Allie sat down on the floor on the other half of the store and ran her fingers through her hair. She started thinking about what would happen if she were to be with Nick again. What it would be like if she stayed hating him. Could she actually see herself with him for the rest of her life? She couldn't see herself that far in the future right now.

Would she move on and forget about him if she decided not to be with him? Would she ever meet another guy like him or better? She was so confused. She pulled her legs up and pressed her knees against her chest again and rested her chin on them.

"What am I going to do?" She thought aloud.

Nick was really nerveous now. He felt like he'd been waiting for a long time and he was quickly getting impatient. He loved Allie. His happiness was in her hands. He was counting on her to make the right choice for both of them. But if her choice was to not be with him then that would be her choice. If that would make her happy then so be it. That's all it's really been about, he thought again. Being happy.

He looked around and wondered where Allie went. He wanted to know where she was. He walked where she walked. He peeked around the corner and there she sat on the floor looking at her feet.

He smiled. Her hair was still a little damp from the rain that was now letting up outside. He watched her as her hair kept falling in her face and she kept moving it back behind her ears but it wouldn't stay.

He wanted to kiss her again. When she had kissed him when she walked to the back of the store he was shocked. He watched as she stood up. is heart started pounding like crazy. The whole store might as well have heard it.

Instead of walking towards him though, she leaned against the wall. His heart rate slowed down. Allie crossed her arms and looked down at her feet again. He stared at her, thinking about kissing her once more. Her wonderful lips. He wanted that feeling back in his heart. He wanted it so bad. Just to kiss her and be with her.

He started walking towards her. No turning back now. He can't control this feeling building up inside him. His hands are as steady as a rock but his heart beat picked up again, faster this time. He reached her and she looked up at him.

"Nick, what are you do.."

He put his hands on her face gently and look into her eyes for a split second then pressed his lips roughly against hers. Allie didn't push or smack him away. She had missed his lips too.

He moved his body closer to hers, pinning her up against the wall then slid his tongue into her mouth, playing with hers.

Finally Allie pulled away from his lips to look at him. He tried to continue the kiss but she stopped him, putting her hand on his chest softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.