Untrusted Love - Chapter 4

Allie felt Nick's warm lips against hers. She had the greatest feeling at the bottom of her stomach she had never felt before. But soon, it ended. She felt his lips leave hers. She opened her eyes and saw that he was staring into hers very deeply. She smiled and so did he.

           "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow or something?" He stepped back a little.

"Yeah." Allie mumbled, dreamily.

          "Maybe I can come here and we can go to the beach again and surf or just swim or whatever before our date." He offered.

           "Yea, I'd like that."

           "Okay so, I might be here around 11:00 or so." He made his way down the steps.

          "Okay." Allie said, opening the front door and walking in and closing it behind her. Nick smiled to himself as he started walking home. When he got there, he went inside.

          "Where the hell have you been Nicholas?" A scary, loud voice came from his dad.

Nick stopped, backed up, and leaned against the door and stared at him, "I was out with a friend." in a low and quiet voice. His dad looked him up and down and grabbed him by the ear and dragged him up the stairs.

          "Dad, no, stop! Please!" Nick pleaded. He struggled to get away from him. The only thought he had was that his dad was drunk and he was going to be covered in bruises again.

          He pulled Nick into the bathroom and threw him at the wall. Nick fell to the floor, holding his shoulder. His dad grabbed him, stood him up, and punched him in the face. Nick fell to the ground again, squeezing his eyes shut, putting his hands over his face. He pulled Nick back up and punched him in his stomach multiple times.

          Finally his dad let go of him making him collapsed on the floor. Nick let out a big breath as his dad kicked him in the crotch then left the room. He laid there and held himself wishing the pain would stop, but it didn't. He opened his eyes. Everything was blurry for a second, and then he saw blood on the floor. His blood.

          His nose was bleeding from when his dad punched him in the face. He laid there waiting for all the pain to go away. Then Allie popped into his head. What would she think when she saw him like this, covered with bruises.

           Nick didn't know what he was going to do. He heard his dad down stairs making a lot of noise. Then he heard the front door open and slam shut. He had left. He sat up and looked around the bathroom. Pain shot up his back, stopping at his neck. He rubbed the back of his neck and pulled himself up to the sink. He looked in the mirror and saw that his nose and forehead were bleeding. He turned on the sink water to cold and ran his hands threw it. He cupped them and waited for his them to fill with the water and then he splashed it on his face. He grabbed a towel and wiped his face off with some blood that didn't come off from the water.

          He didn't bother cleaning up the mess on the floor. He looked at the wall and saw that there were little cracks in it where his dad threw him up against it so hard. He looked back in the mirror to see how messed up his shoulder was. It was red and starting to form an ugly bruise. He tightened his lips together and shook his head. Why did he let this happen?

          He walked out of the bathroom and went to his room. He knew his dad wouldn't even bother coming home tonight. He would probably end up in jail again. At least that's what Nick hoped for. He looked out his window. It was dark. He didn't want Allie to see him like this. With all the bruises. He would have to make up something that was believable. But he couldn't worry about all that now. He needed to sleep. Maybe he would feel better by morning.