Untrusted Love - Chapter 5

Nick let go of Allie then rested his back down on the sand closing his eyes. Allie followed, laying down beside him too and held his hand. He opened his eye, feeling warm inside. He hated the fact that the clouds were moving so slow, but the moment was moving by so fast. He wanted Allie to lay beside him and hold his hand forever. He closed his eyes again and felt the cool, salty wind gently rush against his face. He sat up and let go of her hand.

          Allie sat up, "What's wrong?"

          "Nothing." he gave a small smile and put his hand on the side of her face.

          She returned a similar smile then looked up to the sky. The clouds were in dark shades now. The wind picking up it's strength and speed. Little sounds of thunder made itself known in the far distance.

          "It's going to rain." she stated. But Nick kept his eyes on the sky.

          "Nick, it's going to rain." she said again, holding onto his arm tighter.

          He held her hand, "I know, isn't it great?"

          Allie produced a small, quick laugh, "Only if you want to get struck by lightning."

          "It's not lightning." He assured her, looking back at the sky. Then he saw a bolt of lightning strike quite a long distance away from them. He looked back at Allie.

          She had a grin on her face and started running, "Come on."

          He started running after her. It seemed the faster they ran, the louder the thunder got. Nick felt drops of rain start to hit his face. Allie slowed down and looked back at Nick. He slowed down too, catching up with her.

          He put both of his hands on her face and kissed her as it started to rain harder. He picked her up, kissing her more. She pulled away from him, smiling. She pulled her arms around him tightly and he did the same but tighter then started spinning around in circles with her, laughing

          She laughed with him as he kissed her one last time before putting her back down on the sand. She grabbed his hand then they both ran to the lockers to get their clothes.

          When they got there, Allie leaned agains't the lockers to catch her breath. Nick sat on the ground to catch his breath too. Allie went to the locker that she put the clothes in and got her shorts and Nick's shirt. She walked over to him and threw his shirt on his head. He took it off, smiling. She put her shorts on then sat down beside him.

          "We should be headin' back before it starts to rain any harder." Nick suggested.

          "Okay." she agreed.

          He stood up, taking Allie's hand to help her up. He pulled her closer and kissed her again before they got back out in the rain. Sheput both of her hands on the sides of his face and he put his hands on her waist and pushed her back gently agains't the lockers.

          She took her hands off his face, hesitating.

          He stopped kissing her, "Sorry."

          She smiled playfully, "Come on."

          Nick held her hand and they went back out into the rain, around the locker building, then up the stairs to the road. When they got to there, they ran across it, looking both ways for cars, but none were in sight.

          It started to rain harder. The road almost looked like it was being flooded by the water. But they couldn't tell because it was raining so hard.