Chapter 1 - University

Robyn's P.O.V.
"Right dear, are you sure you've got everything? Books, pens -"

"Yes mum, really I'm fine!" I whined. Bloody hell, it was my first day at university, and my mum was treating me like it was my first day at pre-school! I mean, I know she's trying to look out for me and all, but there are times when I really didn't need her to. And today of all days was definitely that day...

"I know dear, but I just want to make sure you're going to be alright! I remember my first day at university and I just want you to have as much fun as I did!"

I raised my eyebrows, "Mum, you joined university at 18, got pregnant 6 months later and dropped out by the end of your first year." She stared at me blankly for a moment, her eyes fixed on mine.

"Oh yeah, okay maybe not so much fun as I had then." She chuckled. "Just promise me you'll call, write, text, email-"

"Okay mum I got it! Just can I get out of the car now?" I was really starting to get annoyed now. The entire purpose of me leaving home to go to university was to gain independence. And now I had my mum getting on my back about calling, texting, emailing her and whatever every hour of every day! The sooner I got out of this car the better!

"Yes, yes okay dear." She mumbled quietly, unbuckling her belt and stepping out the car. "Just promise me you'll stay in touch?"

"Yes Mum, I promise!" I exhaled, slamming the car door shut as I did. I grabbed my suitcase and duffle bag, and started to turn towards the entrance hall when my mum attacked me with a hug.

"I'll miss you. I love you dear." She mumbled into my shoulder.

"I love you too mum. Now please, can I go?" I whispered. Slowly, she released me and placed both her hands on my shoulders.

"Bye dear. Have fun!" She called as I started off towards the entrance hall. With a sigh, I turned towards her and waved her goodbye. Turning away for what felt like the hundredth time, I looked up towards the university, took a deep breath and headed towards the entrance hall. Browns University, here I come.