Chapter 25 - Don't Worry

Robyn's P.O.V.
I stepped out of the changing room, allowing Thomas to get dressed. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I heard him cry on my shoulder. How had I not seen this happen? I knew Steph was controlling and quite a dominant character but I had not, under any circumstances, known that she was abusive. The next time I saw her, boy she was gonna get it, I swear!

"Hey," Thomas mumbled, as he stepped out of the changing room, "You ready?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm ready." I replied quietly, heading towards the cashier desk. Once we'd paid and packed up all our bags in the car, we began to head home. We were silent for most of the way before Thomas spoke up.

"Robyn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to see that," He whispered.

"Please, Thomas! This is not your fault!" I said, placing my hand on his, "Look, you don't have to tell me what happened okay? But I'm here for you okay?" He stared blankly at the road ahead, before replying.

"Robyn, I'll tell you. You're my best friend and you're probably the only person I feel comfortable talking to about anything!" Thomas smiled slightly at this, "Look, Steph isn't the easiest person to please. And that night before you went into hospital, we had a really bad argument. I.....I um asked who she was going on holiday with. She told me it was just with a few friends, and when I asked if there were any guys going, she just blew up at me!" It went quiet again. I didn't know what to say. What was there to say? But why hadn't he tried to break up with her?

"I.....um.......I've tried before to break it off with her, but Robyn....I'm um.........she...." Thomas faltered. Could he read my mind?

"Thomas, honestly don't worry. This isn't your fault." I insisted, squeezing his hand slightly to comfort him. He just squeezed my hand back. When more silence followed, I turned round in my seat and looked out of the window. I felt my eyelids drooping and my head nod a couple times. I was falling asleep and I knew it. And the last thing I thought of before I went out, was the kiss. I'd kissed Thomas. And he'd kissed me back. The feeling of his lips still lingered on mine, and suddenly, I felt like my head was in the clouds.