Chapter 44 - Nightmare

Robyn's P.O.V.
Even though visiting hours are well over, seeing as it's like 4:30 in the morning, the doctor allowed me to stay with Thomas. I mean, it would be kind of unfair to let me in with Thomas, fall asleep worrying about him for three hours, and then kick me out of the hospital! The doctor said I needed a rest, and driving home at this time in the morning would not be the best thing to do. So here I am.

Thomas and I have been talking for a little while, but from all the pain and discomfort he was in, I told him to get some sleep. He started to protest, but soon fell asleep. I smiled, as I watched him sleep (I know that sounds creepy but still!). His mouth was slightly open, and he was snoring quietly, which made me laugh a little. He was so cute when he was asleep. You know how in movies, when people sleep they just happen to look perfect? Well honestly, that's what he looked like! I couldn't imagine what I must look like whilst I'm sleeping. From what I can see in the mirror every morning, I look the complete opposite of perfect! My hair's always a mess, my eyes are always half shut, and I just generally look like I've been dragged through not just one bush, but an entire hedgerow! Groaning at the thought of it, I crossed my arms on the edge of Thomas' bed and buried my head in them. Now wasn't the time to think. I was too tired. And within minutes, I was fast asleep.

Thomas' P.O.V.
All I could feel was pain. In my arms, my legs, my chest. Everywhere. Someone was standing over me, with a knife in their hand. They said something, but I couldn't hear them. My vision was blurry and I had my arms up, covering my face. Then I felt the cold metal blade of the knife slash across my stomach. It didn't cut in too deep, but deep enough for me to scream out in agony. The person above me shouted something, and kicked me hard. Crying, I tried to move away from them, but any attempt I made at moving just caused the person to kick me harder.
Harder and harder. Kick after kick after kick --

I screamed, sitting up fast. The gash on my stomach burned with pain, making me scream out again. Robyn jumped, her head shooting up and eyes darting round the room.

"Oh God Thomas, what's wrong?" She said, concern rising in her voice. She quickly sat down next to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. Shaking, I leaned my head onto her shoulder, tears in my eyes.

"Hey, hey don't worry, you're okay..." She said softly, rubbing my back, "It was just a dream."

"It.....it was her......" I stuttered, wiping the tears from my eyes, "It was........what she d-did to me...." Robyn was quiet for a moment. She continued rubbing my back, as I wrapped my arms around her middle.

"Tom, it's fine, you're gonna be alright I promise," Robyn whispered, kissing my forehead. After a while, the tears stopped coming and my heartbeat had slowed down to its normal rate. The gash on my stomach still burnt and was causing me slight discomfort.

"Sorry, Robyn. One minute," I said quietly, moving from a sitting position to a lying down one, "That's better. My stomach was really hurting!" Robyn smiled sympathetically.

"Okay, I'll just um," Robyn began, lifting her legs off of the bed but I grabbed her arm.

"No, don't go!" I whined, "I won't have another nightmare if you're here with me!" She looked at me for a minute, before sighing.

"Oh okay, Sangster! But don't think I'm gonna read you a bedtime story! It's already way past your bedtime!" She winked, as she lay down next to me. Thankfully the bed was slightly bigger than a regular twin-sized bed cause otherwise one of us might fall out! Circling my arms around her waist, I curled up next to Robyn. She smiled at me, and ran her fingers through my hair.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Tommy! I really am!"

"And I'm so glad you're here with me!" I whispered, as Robyn rested her head in the crook of my neck.

"I love you Tommy," She whispered.

"I love you too, love. Goodnight!"