Chapter 6 - Steph

Robyn's P.O.V.
Once I'd finished unpacking the food and I'd tidied up the kitchen, I headed into the living room. And there was Thomas - crashed out on the sofa asleep. I smiled - if that's how tired he gets after one food shopping trip then only God knows how tired he'll be after studying! Closing the living room door behind me so as not to disturb him, I headed into my bedroom. Leaning my back against my door, I had a first proper look at my new room. It was quite small in comparison to the rest of the dorm but I didn't mind - it kind of reminded me of my old attic room back home. Up against the far wall was a double bed and bedside table, and a square window, from which you could seek very the university grounds. The only other furniture in my room was a small chest of drawers, a wardrobe and a large oak bookshelf. Perfect for all my books I thought! But the one piece of furniture that really caught my eye was the oak desk. Pressed right into the corner of the room, was one of those L shaped desks. It was fairly long, with four large drawers underneath it and several shelves and compartments that were attached to the walls either side of the desk. It was perfect.

I made my way over to my bed and opened up my case and bag. Once I'd unpacked all my belongings, I lay on my back on the bed, and picked up my phone. 18:00 it read. 'Okay, so it's not that late then' I thought, opening my messages. I decided to text my best friend Steph. Steph and I have been going to the same school since we were both 5! We went to the same primary school together and even went to the same grammar school together. We were such good friends and I was gutted that she was not going to the same university as me. Now, there are some things you should know about Steph - unlike me, she's a very girly girl. She loves make up, dresses, heels, boys etc. whereas I'm more of an artistic tomboy, who could sit around in jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt and not think twice about it. She's always been on the lookout for my future boyfriend, much like my mum I might add, and she'd always try to set me up with the most popular boy in school - after of course, she'd been out with him and then gone off with some other boy! Even though it did annoy me hugely, she still was my best friend and we'd had so much fun together. I remember the time when we went swimming for my 16th birthday party, and she went into the wrong changing rooms to get changed! I've never laughed so hard in my life!

Grinning to myself like a Cheshire Cat, I opened up a new message.

Me - Hey Steph! How's it going? X

It didn't take long for a reply - Steph practically slept with her phone.

Steph - ROBYN!!!!!! Hey!!! Yeah I'm great thanks - just moved into my new dorm. Kinda gutted though - I hoped I'd have a really good looking boy as a roommate but the guys a complete geek! He might actually be perfect for you! How's it going with you? You got a cute roommate? X

Laughing out loud, I started on my reply.

Me - Haha aw I'm sure he's not that bad! Nah I'm good thanks - don't want a boyfriend right now! Yeah my new roommates great - very funny! Urrrr he's alright I guess, but I wouldn't call him the next Spider-Man or anything!!!! ;p X

I grinned at that last part - I'd had an obsession with Spider-Man ever since the new films came out in 2012! They were sooooo amazing, and only Steph knew I had a crush on Peter Parker! ;)

Steph - Oh. My. God. Seriously Robyn! You need to get your head out of those films and start looking for a real boyfriend! Did you get my present? I had it sent to your university so it should have arrived at your dorm by now :) X

Me - Urr one sec it may be outside the door. X

Dropping my phone on my bed, I jumped up and headed towards the front door. I opened it and my mouth gaped open in utter and complete shock...