Chapter 40 - The Party

Three hours earlier...

Robyn's P.O.V.
After an hour of driving, I finally arrived at Charlie's house. Sighing with relief, I quickly texted Thomas to let him know I was here. I knew he probably wouldn't get it for a while, knowing him. He was probably already crashed out, asleep on the sofa. Smiling at the thought, I put my phone in my bag, and got out of the car.

"ROBYN!" Charlie tackled me with a hug, before she'd even fully opened the door, "Oh I'm so glad you could come!" I laughed as she released me from her tight grasp, "Oh my God you look amazing!" I blushed and smiled at her.

"Thanks, you look great!" I grinned, walking into the house. Bloody hell, this place was packed! I hardly knew anyone here, besides Charlie, her parents and some of our art friends. I waved as our friend Becky came over.

"Hey Robyn! How's you?" She asked, giving me a hug. I hugged her back.

"Hey Becky! I'm good thanks! How's you?"

"Good, good! Come on, I'll introduce you to some of my friends!" She laughed, dragging me off after her into the crowd. After about three and a half hours of chatting, dancing and more chatting, I finally managed to make my way to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass of water, seeing as I didn't drink, I sat at the breakfast bar. Sighing with relief from the absence of people around me, I grabbed my bag and checked my phone. 11:30pm and still no messages from Thomas. Maybe he's still asleep? I dropped my phone onto the table, and placed my head in my hands.

"Hey!" Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned round on the chair to be faced with none other than Logan from my mum's dinner party. He grinned at me, as realisation of who he was dawned on me, "How ya doing Robyn?"

"Get lost!" I growled, turning my back towards him. Just to my luck, he sat in the chair next to me.

"You look gorgeous!" He smirked, before leaning in and whispering in my ear, "So how about you and I sneak upstairs for a bit, huh?" I whipped around and faced him.

"How about you get bloody lost?" I snapped.

"Aw, your little boyfriend Thomas won't find out!" He smirked again, placing his hand on my thigh. Slapping his hand away, I grabbed my bag and jumped off my chair and walked away. I could hear him snigger as I left.

"Hey Robyn? What's up?" Charlie grinned, as she finished her conversation with some guy. Her eyebrows furrowed together when she saw my expression, "Oh my God Robyn, what's wrong?"

"What the hell is Logan doing here?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"Who?" She asked, confused.

"Logan! You know, the guy my mum tried to set me up with?" I was getting annoyed now.

"What? He's here? I didn't even know!" She protested, looking over my shoulder into the kitchen. Then she turned back to the guy who she was previously talking to, "Hey Harry, you know who that guy is over there?" She asked, pointing in Logan's direction.

"Oh Logan? Yeah, I think John invited him!" Harry nodded his head, before walking away from us.

"Great! I thought my invitations were meant to be exclusive!" Charlie mumbled, before facing me again, "Robyn, I'm really sorry! I didn't even have a clue who he was!" I sighed. I knew she was telling the truth.

"It's okay don't worry! It's just, he just came onto me again!" I groaned. Charlie straightened her back and stared in his direction.

"Why don't I go introduce myself to him? I could also introduce my fist to his face!" She growled. As she began walking towards the kitchen, I grabbed her shoulders.

"No, don't worry! It's fine! I don't want to make a scene!" I said sternly. She looked long and hard at him, before smiling at me.

"Okay, but in Thomas' absence, if you want his butt kicked for ya, then I'm your girl!" She laughed. I laughed too. I loved this girl. It was almost midnight. Everyone was standing in either groups or couples, and that just made me miss Thomas even more. I checked my phone again, nervously. Still nothing. Panic started welling up inside of me, but I swallowed it down. Relax, Robyn. He's fine, just give him a call.

"You alright?" Charlie asked, patting me on the shoulder.

"He's not picking up! Why isn't he picking up?" My heart was racing now. The panic grew inside of me again, rising in my chest. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"Robyn, Robyn calm down, I'm sure he's fine!" But I could hear the concern in her voice. Something was wrong.

"Thomas? Thomas why aren't you picking up?" Tears were forming in my eyes. Charlie placed a hand on my back, as I dialled his number again.

"Guys, it's countdown time!" Someone yelled from the kitchen. Everyone cheered as the countdown started.

Ten
Nine

Still no answer.

Eight
Seven

Thomas?

Six
Five

Thomas pick up!

Four
Three
Two

Someone grabbed me round the waist and spinning me round, smashed their lips onto mine just as someone shouted one. Cheers erupted all around me. My eyes wide with shock, I tried pushing the person away from me, but their grip was strong. They pressed their body against mine, and mentally I screamed. Finally, I managed to shove the person off of me. Scared and angry at the same time, I looked up to see Logan smirking at me. I reached out my hand and slapped him round the face. Charlie grabbed my arm and pulled me away, before going up to the guy and punching him in the nose.

"Get out!" She screamed, before turning to follow me.

"Robyn, are you alright?" She asked, wrapping me in a hug. Tears were streaming down my face, and my heart was in my throat.

"Charlie I have to go! Something's wrong. Thomas' isn't picking up his phone! I've gotta go!" I hugged her before I ran out the door and ran for my car. I jumped in the car seat and started the engine. I had to get home. I had to get home now.