Chapter 18 - A Kiss Can Change Everything

Thomas' P.O.V.
"Why the hell have you not been returning my calls?!" Steph screamed, placing her foot in the doorway, "I've called you like a million times and you don't even have the bloody decency to answer! Why? And why the bloody hell did you drive off without me last night? I had to hire a taxi, for which you owe me £80! Why aren't you talking?!" I just stood there, speechless. I didn't know how to reply. I was still mad at her for what she did to Robyn, but at the same time I felt responsible for leaving her.

"I um, I'm sorry I left you there and here," I said, digging out the money from my jeans, "Take this for the taxi." Steph smirked, before taking the money from me.

"That's better! Now are you cheating on me with Robyn?" She snapped through gritted teeth.

"Of course I'm not cheating on you Steph!" I said, raising my voice slightly, "But I'm still mad at you for what you said last night?" Now she looked confused.

"So you're not cheating on me, but you're taking her side! What the hell Thomas?!" Now she really was screaming, raising her arms in the air as she did.

"Look, just please apologise to Robyn and I'll forgive you. Okay?" I sighed. I really hated fighting with Steph. She's not the nicest of people when she's angry. And I should know that more than anyone...

"Oh fine! I didn't mean it anyway! She did kind of deserve it though." She smirked again, as she entered our dorm. Of her own accord I might add. Growling slightly, I shut the door behind her and led her towards the living room. We'd barely made it, when Steph turned round sharply.

"So where is she?"

"She's in her room getting dressed." I nodded towards her door, "She'll be out in a minute."

"Okay," Steph looked down, taking my hands in hers, "I just want you to know that I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry you had to meet my stupid friend and you are more than welcome to move in with me in our second year if you want. We can leave her to live with that weirdo Charlotte or whatever her name is!"

"It's Charlie, actually." I nodded.

"Ewww why would she change her name to a boy's name? She's a girl! Maybe she's a lesbian! No wonder she hangs around so much with Robyn!" I was really getting annoyed with Steph now. Not only had she embarrassed my best friend, but now she was bloody making fun of her! I was just about to say something, put my foot down, put an end to it, but that's when I heard Robyn's door open.

Before I even had time to react, Steph had me in a lip lock. I have to admit, part of me did enjoy it. Steph is so beautiful and every time we kissed it was like fireworks would set off in my head. I just couldn't tear myself away from her. But then I remembered Robyn. Did I have feelings for her? No of course I didn't. She was my friend and all, but no. Just forget about it.

Robyn's P.O.V.
I sighed, as I pulled on a baggy jumper and some navy shorts. Just forget about it Robyn. Yesterday was yesterday. You wouldn't see Logan ever again, and as for Steph, well I just hoped she stayed away from me. Why I ever thought she was a friend to me I don't know! Looking at her like this now, I wondered what Thomas saw in her. It's not like I was jealous of Steph or anything. Yeah, I liked Thomas and he was a great guy, but I still wasn't sure if I did 'like' him or not. No. Of course I didn't. He had a girlfriend anyway. Or did he? I mean, he did leave Steph last night at my mum's house and they'd had a massive argument before he left. Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I opened my bedroom door. And what I saw caused my heart to shatter.

I had opened my door just in time to see Steph just grab Thomas by the neck and latch her lips onto his. And now, the two of them were stood there in a lip lock. I stood there in both horror and shock. A) what was Steph doing here? and B) why were she and Thomas kissing? He'd told me how angry he was with her earlier, and he's already forgiven her? Well obviously, seeing as the two of them are so close. They finally broke apart, the two of them catching their breath.

"Oh, Robyn!" Steph pretended to sound shocked, "I didn't see you there!" No of course you didn't. You just happened to make out with Thomas the moment I stepped out of my door. Yeah, real accident there!

"Robyn! We were....um.... we were just...." Thomas stuttered, looking between me and Steph, "Steph just popped by to say something."

"Well a little more than that actually!" Steph giggled, winking at me, "Anyways, I wanted to say I'm sorry for last night. What I did was wrong and I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that. Can you forgive me?" I still just stood there, speechless. How could I forgive her? After what she's done last night, I had half a bloody mind to butt her out of my life forever. But then there was Thomas to consider. He wouldn't feel comfortable letting Steph come round if the two of us didn't talk. But then again, he isn't exactly honest with Steph about how he feels about her. Did he want to be with her? Did he even like her, or was it just her looks he was after? No, Thomas wasn't like that. At least, I think he isn't like that. I bit my tongue hard before replying to Steph.

"I'm still bloody mad at you for what you said," I growled, "But okay, I forgive you."

"Yay!" She smiled, jumping up and down on the spot and hugging me. Erghhh! I squirmed in her grasp as she hugged me. Was she even hugging me? It felt like she was trying to bloody suffocate me! Finally, she broke away from me, grinning.

"Well I'm glad that's over with!" She laughed, turning back to Thomas, who instantly looked down at the floor. I could tell he was avoiding my gaze.

"Now I can get on with the best bit!" Steph laughed, before kissing Thomas again. I honestly wanted to throw up. Swallowing it down, I walked past them and towards the kitchen. I looked back only once, to see the two of them, still making out, with Steph's back against the door. 'I bloody hope she falls through that door', I thought bitterly as I shut the door behind me.