Chapter 11 - Charlie

Robyn's P.O.V.
After having literally spending only a minute on finding something to wear, I fixed my hair into a messy bun - you can tell that a messy bun is kind of 'my look' - and put some make-up on. I only ever wear concealer and little mascara - I like to live o'natural, and I feel make-up just makes me look like a doll anyway - yuck! Before, leaving my room, I looked in the mirror, smiling. I'd chosen to wear a high collar, black shirt with some ripped, dark navy jeans and a pair of combat boots. Guessing I like dark clothes huh?! 'This'll have to do,' I thought smiling, and with that I left mine and Thomas' dorm for my art class.

"Okay class," My new art professor, Miss Pepper smiled, "Today's project is simple, seeing as it's your first day of university life! I want you to simply paint something you like. Something that helps define who you are. I'm leaving it up to you. You have one week in order to complete it! You may begin!

'Wicked,' I thought, smiling to myself as an idea began forming in my head. Why don't I paint a collage of my favourite Marvel characters? Of course, with Spider-Man being the main focus of the painting! And with that I was off, searching online for my favourite images of Marvel characters. About half an hour later, I'd already drawn my design on the canvas, including pictures of Spider-Man (duh), Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Thor. I stepped back to admire my work. That looks pretty damn good!

"I take it you're a Marvel fan right?" Someone said from behind me. I turned around to see a girl my age, possibly slightly younger, with long blonde hair, freckles and those kinda geeky looking, but super cute, glasses. She was smiling at me, and nodded towards my canvas, "I like it!"

"Thanks!" I blushed, "My name's Robyn, what's yours?" The girl with the glasses grinned.

"I'm Charlotte, but everyone calls me Charlie! That is, everyone except from my mum, who still calls me Charlotte even though she knows it drives me up the walls! She doesn't like the idea of calling me by a boy's name!" Charlie laughed. I laughed back at her last comment.

"Aw I know what you mean! My mum can be a real pain in the backside too!" And that's how it started. Charlie and I spent the rest of the lesson laughing and joking around. Charlie was soooo funny! She told me how she was studying as an artist in order to follow her dreams of becoming a bestselling painter, instead of working in the family business for fashion.

"My mum's always been trying to get me into ball gowns and make-up etc. and I just hate that stuff!" She laughed. God I knew exactly what she meant. My mum too was like that, ever since I was old enough to wear heals - which, by the way, in her opinion, is at the age of 3!!! We continued to joke about our lives as the lesson came to a close, and by the end of it, I'd laughed so much I honestly had stomach cramps!

"Well, it's been nice talking to you Robyn!" Charlie laughed again, as we packed up our things, "I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"

"Well here, why don't you take my number and text me yours later on?" I giggled, writing my number on a piece of paper, and handing it to her.

"Oh brilliant thanks! I'll be able to make you laugh now wherever I am!" Charlie chuckled, slipping the paper into her pocket. Picking up her things, she smiled and waved goodbye. Smiling, and still laughing quietly to myself, I did the same. That was fun!