Chapter 15 - Dinner?

Robyn's P.O.V.
"What's wrong?" Thomas asked concerned, sitting up quickly.

"I...um.... that was....um...." I stammered, slowly placing the phone back into its holder.

"Robyn...?" Thomas got up quick from the sofa and holding my arm, "You okay?"

"Huh?......Oh yeah I'm fine......but um, that was my mum......" I said slowly, as realization hit me like a truck, "She wants me to go to home for dinner tonight..."

"Oh bloody hell," Thomas sighed thankfully, "I thought something bad had happened!" I glared at him, and he soon stopped laughing, "Oh, I guess something bad has happened?"

"Yeah, good call!" I said sarcastically, before plopping myself down on the sofa. Thomas sat down next to me.

"My mum is having a dinner party tonight - just a few people - and she wants me to come." I moaned, putting my head in my hands.

"Oh...." Thomas nodded, looking at the floor, "And what's wrong with that?"

"Because she always has some guy there who she tries and sets me up with!" I cried, throwing my hands in the air, "And I hate it!"

"Wait a minute, that means I'll be home alone with Steph tonight..." Thomas' eyes shot up to meet my, confused, ones.

"Well yeah, duh isn't that what a date is meant to be like?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Well....I kinda hoped you'd be here.... you know - Steph can be a bit of a handful sometimes." Thomas mumbled, yet again running his hand through his hair. He must do that when he's nervous or something, because he's been doing it ever since I woke up this morning. Wait, why did he want me here with him? He has a girlfriend - whom I'm sure would absolutely love for me to be here with the two of them. Sarcasm detected.

"Thanks, I guess." I mumbled too, "Anyway, that won't be possible because my mum has invited the two of you to come too! She loves Steph and said she's happy for Thomas Brodie-Sangster or 'whatever that little boy in Love Actually is called' to come too." I was afraid Thomas would be just as depressed as I was, that he had to come along too. But instead he just grinned at me.

"Oh cool! Right then, I better let Steph know..." He said reaching out for his phone.

"No need," I stopped him, "Because mum's already been in touch with her. Huh, fancy that. My own mum called my friend before she calls me!" I laughed half half-heartedly, as I got up and walked towards the door.

"Where 'ya going?" Thomas asked, leaning back into the sofa.

"Well, let's see. It's five o'clock now, and we have to be there for half seven." I said, laying the sarcasm on really thick now. "Duh?! I'm gonna get ready!"

"Oh shoot, yeah I better do the same!" Thomas hurried, getting up from the sofa. "But first I need to take a shower-" He stopped quickly, before looking at me. "Do you want to go in there first?"

"Oh, ur, you sure?" I smiled. I swear this guy is like, such a gentleman!

"Yeah course! You go in and I'll go in after!" He grinned. And with that he walked into his bedroom and started rummaging through his wardrobe. Stepping into the shower, I started blankly into space as I let the hot water fall down my back. Why today of all days mum? And who was she gonna set me up with this time? Oh well, at least Thomas will be there with me I guess. Oh. And Steph. Grreeeeeaaat.... Suddenly, Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon, started playing on my phone. Without even noticing, I'd already started singing along to it...

Oh don't you dare look back.
Just keep your eyes on me.
I said, "You're holding back."
She said, "Shut up and dance with me!"