Chapter 28 - Christmas Morning

Robyn's P.O.V.
A bright light was shining in my eyes as I awoke from my sleep. Squinting, I looked around to find myself on the sofa, in the living room. The curtains were wide open and blinding sunlight was shining through the window, directly onto me. Groaning, I attempted at sitting myself up, when I noticed something was pulling me back down. Turning my head at an awkward angle, I looked up to see that I had fallen asleep on Thomas' chest, who was now fast asleep himself. Looking down, I also realised that he had his arm protectively around my waist. I could feel myself already blushing as I smiled to myself. He was so cute when he did that.

"Thomas?" I called softly in his ear, ruffling his hair as I did. God, I loved him with messy hair! He mumbled quietly in his sleep, but there was no reply. So I tried again, this time tickling him slightly under his chin. Thomas' eyelids slowly opened, squinting like mine did as he opened them to the blinding light. I giggled quietly, causing him to look down at me.

"Morning, love," He smiled sleepily, rubbing his eyes with his right arm, his left arm still wrapped round my waist, "Man, we must've fallen asleep down here last night!"

"Yeah, I guess we did!" I grinned, looking up at him.

"What time is it, love?" He yawned, causing me to giggle again, "What you laughing at?"

"Nothing, it's just your yawn is so adorable!" I laughed. Thomas rose his eyebrows at me. Still laughing quietly, I reached for my phone, which was digging in my side. Groaning in pain, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

"Urrr it's 7am." I mumbled, chucking my phone onto the coffee table.

"Ohhhhhh," Thomas moaned, bringing me into his chest again and shutting his eyes, "Goodnight."

"Ohhhh no no no no no!" I whined, trying to pull away from his grasp, "It's Christmas morning! There is nooooo way we are going back to sleep!"

"Seriously?" Thomas groaned, opening one eye, "You're like a five-year-old!"

"Awwww thanks!" I giggled, "At least I don't look it!" I teased. Thomas grabbed a cushion and hit me round the head with it.

"Hey, it's not my fault I look younger than I am!" He whined. I just laughed.

"Well, I'm getting up for traditional Christmas morning cocoa. You want some?" I smiled. I knew he wouldn't be able to resist cocoa. As if on cue, Thomas slowly opened one of his eyes again, and a smile crept across his face.

"If I must!" He sighed, winking at me afterwards.

"Awww I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it!" I laughed, trying to get up again, "You know, if you want me to get cocoa, you're gonna have to let go of me?" Thomas looked down instantly, realising that his arm was now wrapped tightly all the way round my waist. I wiggled my eyebrows at him, making him blush and quickly move his arm away.

"Awww Tommy is blushing!" I cooed, before sitting up and heading towards the kitchen.

"Oh shut up!" He laughed, sitting up as well and following me to the kitchen. As I prepared the cocoa, Thomas lent against the breakfast bar. watching me closely.

"What you looking at Sangster?" I smirked, turning my head towards him as I prepared our drinks.

"Ohhh so it's Sangster now is it?" He laughed, "What happened to Tommy?"

"Meh," I shrugged, turning right round to face him now, "What are you staring at?"

"Oh nothing," He shrugged, glancing at the floor, "Just, you have bed head that's all!"

"What?!" I whipped round to face the microwave, trying to catch a glimpse of my reflection in it's window. Normally, I didn't really care how I looked, but bed head was the worst of all the looks. I quickly turned around again, running my fingers through my hair in an effort to try and tidy it slightly, when I bumped into Thomas. He took my hands away from my hair and placed them by my side.

"It's alright. I prefer you with messy hair anyway," He said quietly, looking directly into my eyes. I looked back into his. They were so warm and kind. I could honestly get lost in those beautiful eyes for ever. Thomas was standing right in front of me now, our bodies practically touching again, reminding me of what happened yesterday between us in the changing rooms. I watched as Thomas slowly leaned in towards me, and I could feel myself doing the same, when the doorbell rang. We stopped abruptly. I realised that I'd closed my eyes, and opening them quickly, I looked at Thomas confused. He just raised his eyebrows at me.

"Who could that be?" I asked over my shoulder, heading towards the door.

"Don't have a clue, I wasn't expecting anyone. Were you?" He added, following me to the door.

"Nope!" I replied, "Maybe it's Santa?" Thomas laughed.

"Well let's not get our hopes up." He chuckled. Shrugging, I reached for the handle, and opened the door. And my heart skipped like a thousand beats.