Chapter 24 - Shock

Robyn's P.O.V.
Okay, so I've been at home now for three days. It's Christmas Eve and Thomas and I are out Christmas shopping. We're currently sat in Costa Coffee.

"So how's your side?" Thomas asked, sipping his coffee and watching me over the rim of the mug.

"Yeah it's alright thanks! Can't sleep on it, but yeah, alright I guess!" I smiled at him.

"Good good!" He grinned. I still loved that grin! He was so adorable when he did that!

"So, what do you need to buy today?" I asked, changing the subject quick, before Thomas realised I'd been staring at him.

"Urm, I need to buy a present for my parents and sister, and Steph. That's about it really! You?" He replied. Wait, why was he buying a gift for Steph? He'd practically told her to get lost a few days ago.

"Well, I need to buy something for my sister and someone else, but that's it!" I winked at him, as I returned to my coffee. Thomas just laughed.

"Okay then, well why don't we meet up in say, an hour or so here, and then head out for lunch?" He asked, grabbing his coat.

"Yeah, sounds great! So I'll see you in an hour!" I said, as we left the coffee shop.

"Bye love!" He shouted as we went our different ways.

"Bye Tommy!" Okay, let's get shopping. It only took me ten minutes for me to find the perfect gift for my sister. She was four years younger than me, and absolutely loved the Maze Runner book. So I'd decided to buy her the hardback trilogy set. I knew she'd love it. Now, it was time to find something for Thomas. He was such a hard person to buy for - he never said he liked anything or wanted anything in particular, so I was at a dead end. And then it hit me! Ben & Jerry's and Marvel films! I already knew that the only Marvel films he had were the Iron Man and Captain America box sets, so heading to HMV, I decided to buy him the Spider-Man box set, the Avengers, and the Thor box set. I knew he'd absolutely love them! Then I headed towards Sainsbury's (weird place to go for Christmas shopping I know) and bought him, like every single flavour of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, I could find! With plenty of bags in my hands, I headed back to the coffee shop. And there was Thomas. Sitting with a few bags by his feet, staring into space. I waved my hand above my head, bags hitting each other as I did. Thomas looked up, and just started laughing.

"What the hell Robyn?!" He laughed, helping me with my bags. Thankfully, I'd asked if I could put the ice cream and movies in a bag with a bag, so that Thomas couldn't see his presents, "How much did you buy?"

"Hahaha, not that much!" I laughed.

"Right, let's go get lunch!" Thomas grinned. As we walked, we continued to joke and laugh. We had lunch in Pizza Express. Thomas insisted on paying, even though I argued back! But he still insisted and paid for our meal. Now we're in Debenhams. Thomas is looking for something for his sister, and seeing as I'm a girl, he thought I might have better taste than he does for girl clothes.

"Oh my God, Thomas!" I screamed, gesturing for him to come over here, "This'll be perfect for your sister!" I picked up a black dress with lacy arms and neck line.

"Oh yeah that's really nice!" Thomas smiled, taking the dress off the rack, "Wait a second, I don't know if it'll fit her!"

"Well what's her size?"

"She's probably the same as you!" I said, looking over the dress for the size.

"Okay, well why don't I try it on and see if it fits?"

"Oh, yeah, okay great!" He smiled, handing me the dress. Within ten minutes, I was in the dressing rooms getting dressed. I looked in the mirror at me and honestly, I was shocked. I've never been one for dresses, but this one in particular was beautiful.

"Robyn, you ready?" Thomas called through the curtain.

"Voilà!" I called as I opened the curtain. Thomas stood there, his jaw dropping open.

"Robyn......you look........gorgeous!" He breathed, staring at me in the dress.

"Oh thanks...." I blushed, smiling, "So you think your sister will like it?"

"Oh...............yeah......" Thomas said slowly.

"Okay, great I'll get changed!" I grinned, turning round.

"Okay, well I'll be next door just trying on a top I found." Thomas called, as he entered the changing room next door. It only took me five minutes to get changed, and I was now waiting for Thomas. He'd shown me the top and was now getting changed again.

"Bloody hell Thomas, how long does it take to get changed?" I said through the curtain, "It's only a top!"

"Urrrr....Robyn.......I need your help!" He called out quietly.

"What?" I must have misheard him.

"I'm stuck! The top won't come off my bloody head! Can you come in and help me?"

"Urr yeah okay..." I said slowly. I opened the curtain and slipped into the changing room. I had to almost stuff my fist in my mouth to prevent myself from laughing. Thomas stood there, with his arms above his head, and the top stuck from elbows up to his head.

"Thomas!! How'd you do that?" I laughed, clapping my hands on my knees.

"Don't laugh, just help me get it off!" He groaned.

"Okay okay!" I stifled another laugh, before grabbing the top from his elbows and pulling it up.

"Owww!" He yelled.

"Sorry! Okay, I'll be gentle this time!" I apologized. This time, I tried pulling the top up slowly. But I couldn't help it. Quickly, I looked down at Thomas' stomach. Jesus, this guy works out! But then something else caught my eye. Along Thomas' right side, there were a couple dark black bruises and deep cuts that ran along towards his back. I quickly looked away, my heart crushing inside of me. I stepped closer towards Thomas as I continued getting the top off of his head, our bodies practically touching. I managed to pull the top from Thomas' head, and that's when my right arm slipped and brush his right side. I felt Thomas tense.

"Thomas...." I mumbled, looking up at him. His eyes were glistening with.... wait, were those tears. He looked down at his chest and back to me.

"Thomas......why didn't you tell me?" I said shakily.

"I.........um...........I can't tell you......." He mumbled, "She........um......" My lips crashed onto his, causing him to stop abruptly. I had to stand slightly on my tip toes seeing as he was taller than me, but I didn't mind. Our lips moved in sync together and for that one moment, I felt like I was walking on air. We pulled apart, Thomas resting his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry.......I should have told you.........she um.........we had a fight before I came to see you in the park......and um...." Thomas mumbled quietly. I could tell there were tears forming in his eyes as I felt one of them hit my face. I wrapped my arms round his neck and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry Thomas!" I said sadly, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because she told me not to dare tell anyone!" He cried into my shoulder. We stayed there for a while, embraced in a hug. How could she do this? God the next time I saw her she was going to be sorry!