Chapter 38 - Cuddling on the Sofa

Robyn's P.O.V.
Thomas is really sick now. It's been five days since we were at the doctors, and the flu has really taken its toll on Thomas. He's constantly tired, feeling weak and faint, and his temperature is beyond feverish. Every night he's been struggling to sleep, waking up in cold sweats and with bad headaches. Last night, the two of us fell asleep together on the sofa, and I woke up to Thomas, tossing and turning and groaning in his sleep. I shook his arm gently, in an attempt to wake him up.

"Thomas? Thomas, wake up!" I said quietly, continuing to shake his arm.

"Huh what? What?" Thomas' eyes shot open, as his body jolted. I grabbed his hand and put my other hand on his chest.

"Hey, hey, it's alright!" I said quietly, as Thomas exhaled and relaxed again, "You feeling alright?"

"No, my head's killing me and I'm freezing!" He groaned, his entire body shaking. He grabbed the blanket wrapped around us and pulled it up to his chin. I wrapped my arms around his middle, and he curled his arm around my waist.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked, leaning my head back so I could see him. It was dark, and all I could see was the faint outline of his face.

"No, just stay here with me love," He said quietly. I could tell he was smiling, as I snuggled my head down against his chest, "Just stay here with me." So for the past three days, that's all we've done - curling up on the sofa, watching films and box sets to pass the time. Occasionally, I'd get up and get Thomas medicine for his fever, or grab some snacks (mostly for me, seeing as Thomas' appetite is pretty poor at the moment), but after much complaining from Thomas, I've been spending more and more time with him on the sofa. Not that I minded, to be honest. I'd do anything for Thomas, and if he wanted me to spend the day, watching movies and cuddling up with him, then I was more than happy to oblige.

It's now the 30th of December, and I'm lying next to Thomas as we watch one of our favourite films.

"Okay, Thomas, I'm gonna get something to eat, you want anything?" I asked, as I heaved myself off the sofa.

"Whoa whoa, you're not going anywhere!" Thomas laughed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back onto the sofa with him.

"But I'm hungry!" I whined, trying to get up again. But Thomas grabbed my arm this time, causing me to fall back down on top of him. Surprised, I turned my head, and met with his brown eyes.

"Much better!" He grinned, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close to him. I laughed, and hugged him back. Suddenly, my phone started blaring out the Spider-Man theme tune (you know the tune Peter Parker has set as his ringtone in the Amazing Spider-Man 2?).

"That'll be Charlie!" I grinned, reaching over Thomas and grabbing my phone, "Charlie!"

"Hey Robyn! Big news!" She screamed down the phone, making both Thomas and I wince.

"What's up?"

"Major New Year's Eve Party tomorrow night, here at my place! And you and Thomas are invited to come along!"

"Oh Charlie, I'm sorry but Thomas is ill at the moment. Yeah, he came down with the flu almost a week ago and I have to stay here with him!" I sighed.

"Robyn, you don't have to do that!" Thomas argued, taking my arm causing me to turn round to face him, "You've been sat here with me on the sofa now for what, almost a week! You've been absolutely amazing and you need to take a break!" He smiled at me.

"But Thomas, you're ill-" I protested, but he held up his hand.

"I can take care of myself for one night I think! Just don't leave me for two nights because I'll miss you too much!" He chuckled, winking at me as he did. I laughed at his adorableness. Man, he was so cute when he winked at me like that.

"Well, as long as you can stand being away from me for one night then I guess I can go then!" I giggled, as he blushed.

"You guys need a minute?" Charlie said, clearing her throat. Oh damn it, I forgot she was still on the phone. The two of us laughed nervously.

"Nah, we're good!" Thomas shouted, as I got up and left the room with my phone.

"Robyn, is there something you need to tell me about you and Thomas?" I could tell her eyebrows were raised.

"Urrrr, what makes you think that?" I stuttered.

"Oh my God! Robyn are you two going out?" Charlie screamed down the phone.

"No we're not!" I argued, but she cut me off.

"Is he still together with Steph?" I stopped sharply. I'd forgotten about her.

"No, he broke it off with her." I said slowly. Charlie didn't know anything about what had happened to Thomas, so she had no clue as to why he broke up with her.

"Oh thank God! I hated that bloody git!" She spat down the phone, "So why the hell haven't you told him how you feel?" I paused. How do I break it to her? After about ten seconds of silence, Charlie screamed down the phone.

"AHHHH! You have as well!" She laughed, "What did he say?" Another pause.

"Um, he um.... we.... well we kinda kissed-" I began, before Charlie began shrieking down the phone.

"OH MY GOD ROBYN!! And you didn't tell me? You're first kiss in ages! AHHHHH! Dude, give me details! How was it?" I laughed.

"Yeah, well the first time was my first kiss in ages," I said slowly. More shrieking down the line.

"AHHHH! Wait a second," I could tell things were catching up with her now, "You've kissed more than once?"

"Urm, I guess you could say that," I giggled, rubbing the back of my neck, like Thomas does sometimes when he's stressing or nervous. I remembered how we'd kissed when I found out he'd finally broken up from Goddesszilla. It had been perfect, and -

"Earth to Robyn?" Charlie was calling down the phone, "You alright there?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine!" I laughed, "Just daydreaming!"

"Awww about you and Tommy kissing?" She cooed.

"Shut up!" I hissed, causing her to laugh even more.

"Awww you have to tell me everything! So you coming tomorrow?"

"Ur, yeah I guess I can!" I smiled. It would do me good, I guess, to get some fresh air.

"Great! Okay, it's at my place from eight till twelve thirty! I'll see ya then?"

"Okay fab! Bye!"

"Byeee!" I hung up the call. Well, that was interesting...