Chapter 27 - Christmas Eve

Robyn's P.O.V.
"Okay, well what should we do first?" Thomas asked, turning on his side to face me, "There's the tree, the lights, the decorations and then present wrapping."

"The tree!" I grinned, "Okay you grab the tree and I'll grab the decorations and lights."

"Okay agreed," Thomas smiled. And then there was silence. We lay there for a minute or so, with me looking up at the ceiling and Thomas lying next to me.

"Tommy?" I whispered, turning over to look at him. His eyes were closed, and his head was resting on his arm, "Tommy, you said you were gonna get the tree!" I whined, nudging him with my elbow.

"Yeah.... yeah yeah I'm getting up now," He moaned, his eyes still closed. Another thirty seconds past.

"Tommy, you haven't moved!"

"Haven't I?" He said quietly, a small smile forming on his face.

"Nope," I whispered, popping the 'p' as I did, "Come on! Get off your ass and do something!"

"Ohhhhhhhh," He whined, still grinning, "Okay fine!" And with that, he sat up, rubbed his eyes and left the room to go and grab the tree from the car. Okay, now it was my turn to get the decorations. Yes, I'm getting up now. I'm totally.... getting up.... now.......

Thomas' P.O.V.
Once I'd managed to haul the tree from the boot of the car, I dragged it slowly up to our apartment. Opening the door, I dumped the tree on the floor, and breathing heavily, I placed my hands on my knees. Once I'd regained my normal breathing rate, I looked up and around the room. Where was Robyn?

"Robyn?" I called as I walked into the centre of the room. And then I saw her, still lying on the sofa, fast asleep.

"Seriously?" I smirked as I knelt down on the floor, so that my chin was now resting on the edge of the sofa.

"Robyn? Robyn?" I called softly, shaking her arm in an effort to wake her up.

"Mm mm yeah?" She mumbled sleepily.

"You haven't got up yet! And yet you made me get up to get the tree!" I whispered, raising my eyebrows as I did.

"Yes I have! In fact, I'm in the cupboard now, grabbing the decorations and lights!" She protested.

"No, Robyn, you're still asleep on the sofa!" I chuckled, "Don't make me get a bucket full of cold water!"

"Oh you wouldn't do that Tommy!" She giggled in her sleep, a small smile forming on her face.

"Don't tempt me!" I warned. When she didn't reply, I laughed, "Okay you asked for this!" Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water from the tap. I headed back towards the sofa and leaning over the back of the sofa I lifted the glass.

"You sure you're not getting up?" I smirked.

"Mmmmmm leave me alone!" She whined.

"Okay...." And with that, I poured the glass of water over her head.

"AHHHHH!! THOMAS!!" She screamed, jumping off of the sofa, and shaking her body to get rid of the cold water, "What the bloody hell did you do that for?"

"You didn't want to wake up!" I said between laughs, my sides hurting from laughing. Robyn glared at me, growling slightly.

"Are you growling at me?" I smirked again.

"Maybe..." She said quietly, "Right, I'll go grab a towel for my hair and get changed, seeing as you've made my clothes wet! And then I'll get the decorations okay?"

"Yep sounds good to me!" I continued laughing as she ran to her room, "I'll just put the tree up!"

Robyn's P.O.V.
An hour has passed, and I've changed my clothes, dried my hair and Thomas has put the tree up. Right now I'm currently hanging ornaments on the tree, as Thomas is sat in the armchair, with a large ball of tangled Christmas lights.

"Where the bloody hell is the end of these bugging lights?" He growled as he turned the bundle of lights round and round in his hands, "They're all tangled up together!" I just laughed at him. Grabbing my phone, I quickly took a picture of him, with a frown on his face and lights all over his lap.

"Oh that is sooo going to your sister!" I grinned, typing away at a message to Ava.

"Are you serious?" Thomas glared at me, but I just winked at him before returning to hanging up the ornaments.
It took us a while, but soon we had finished the tree - lights and all. I'd already wrapped up Thomas' presents, which now lay under the tree and we were just finishing hanging up the tinsel on top of the pictures and stair banisters. It had taken help from me, for Thomas to get the lights all untangled, but we managed it in the end.

"Perfect!" I smiled, stepping back to admire our hard work. The entire living room now looked like a scene out of a Christmas film or something.

"Woo," Thomas sighed, crashing down onto the sofa, "That took ages!"

"Oh come on you big baby! It wasn't that bad!" I laughed, throwing a cushion at him, "Although, it was quite bad that you couldn't undo the Christmas lights and it took me, a girl I might add, to get it done for you!"

"Why you little..." He threw another cushion at me. I ducked and it missed me.

"Oh come on is that the best you got?" I teased, lobbing a cushion at his head. He ducked and grabbing the cushion from the floor, he started running after me.

"Right come here you!" He grabbed me round the waist - I hadn't had time to react because I was laughing too much - and pummelled me onto the sofa. He started throwing cushion after cushion at my head, laughing as he did. I tried holding my arms up to my face in an effort to protect my face, but Thomas had pinned my arms above my head.

"Okay you take that back?" Thomas challenged, pausing from attacking me with cushions.

"Nope!" I laughed, trying to sit up, but Thomas held me down. And that caused Thomas to just continue fighting me with cushions. Our pillow fight lasted about ten minutes, and ended up with me and Thomas crashed out on the sofa, my head resting against his chest as he flicked through the TV channels. The last thing I remembered was Thomas putting on Nightmare Before Christmas on the tele, and him stroking my hair softly. I remembered him chuckling softly, as my head nodded up and down slightly, in my effort to stay awake. And then my eyes closed.

Thomas' P.O.V.
After I'd flicked through channel after channel, I finally found a good Christmas movie to watch - The Nightmare Before Christmas. Resting my head back against the sofa, I gently stroked Robyn's hair as she lay her head against my chest. I chuckled quietly, as her head slowly nodded up and down as she tried to stay awake. She finally fell asleep, breathing quietly, her chest rising and falling slowly. She was so adorable when she slept. I smiled as I watched her sleep. I really had so much fun with her when she was around. And I was glad that she'd had to stay home. I mean, of course I felt terrible for what had happened to her, but on a selfish note, I was glad she was home with me. But why was that? Why was I more upset when I found out Robyn wasn't going to be here for Christmas, than when I'd found out about Steph going on vacation? Well obviously, there was the part that Steph was controlling and slightly violent, but she was still my girlfriend. And then, as I watched Robyn lie there in my arms, it dawned on me. I was in love. And not with Steph. With Robyn. I loved Robyn.