Chapter 14 - Phone Call

Robyn's P.O.V.
My vision was blurry as I woke up. I lifted my head up sleepily from my arm, from which I'd been resting my head on. Propping myself up to a sitting position, I grabbed my arm and shook it viciously, trying to get rid of the pins and needles running through it. Groaning, I lifted my legs off the bed and reached out for my phone. Oh my God, it's midday already?! How long have I been asleep? I moaned as I rubbed my eyes, removing the sleep from them as I did. 'Wait, a second,' I thought, looking around the room. I don't remember going to bed last night. Then I hit me. Step. Thomas. Movie. Bridget Jones. What happened after that? And why am I still in my clothes from last night? Clueless, I stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" Thomas smiled as I entered the kitchen, "How was your sleep?"

"Eh, okay I guess. But I slept funny on my arm and I've got pins and needles now!" I shook my arm again, before grabbing an apple from the fridge, "What happened last night?"

"Well, when the film had finished you'd fallen asleep on the armchair so after Steph had gone back to her dorm, I carried you into your room and put you on your bed. You looked too peaceful for me to wake you." Thomas smiled, leaning back in his chair as I sat opposite him at the breakfast bar. Wow, Thomas actually managed to carry me? According to my dad, when I was small and used to fall asleep in the car, he'd have to carry me back to my room and it was like carrying a baby elephant apparently! I smiled to myself as I thought of it.

"Aww thanks Tommy!" I said smiling. I knew that if it had been Steph's job at waking me up, she'd bloody scream in my ears till I woke! I was thankful at least that Thomas didn't wake me up.

"So what time did the film finish last night?" I asked, leaning my arms against the breakfast bar.

"Bout two'ish in the morning." Thomas moaned, putting his head in his hands and ruffling his hair in agitation, "Bloody hell it was painful watching that film!" As he said this he started shaking his head a little, continuing to ruffle his hair.

"Well why the hell did you say yes to watching it?" I asked, throwing my hands in the air as I did, "I thought you couldn't stand those types of films!"

"Yeah, I know I don't, but I," Thomas stammered, biting his lip nervously before looking up at me with those big brown eyes, "Well you know what Steph's like right? She'd just go nuts and I thought I'd save us from getting into another argument by just agreeing to letting her watch what she wants I guess."

"Thomas you can't do that! That's not how relationships work! Can't you see what she's doing?" I cried, frustrated that this wasn't already obvious to him, "She's controlling you, changing you to become the boyfriend she wants you to be! I've seen her do it before and honestly, I thought you'd be stronger than that!" Thomas didn't say anything. He just looked at me sadly, before sighing and looking down at his feet. Great, I'd upset him now.

"Look, I'm sorry," I sighed, walking over to him and putting my arm around his shoulders, "I just don't want you to change because of some girlfriend." He leaned his head against my chest as I stood there hugging him. We stayed there for a moment, just hugging. I knew how Steph could make people feel, having been almost controlled by her myself. No wonder her and my mum got along so well...

"I'm sorry," Thomas said quietly sitting up and watching me carefully as I bent down so my face was level with his, "I should get on with my photography project. Steph's coming over later on and I want to try and get some work done before she does. I'm already behind as it is!"

"Well I tell you what," I smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I'll help you with your photography project seeing as I've already completed mine, and then we'll be done in time for your date tonight." I cocked my head slightly to the side as I finished, smiling softly. He grinned at me before laughing slightly.

"Aw you're brilliant Robyn!" He laughed happily, throwing his arms around my shoulders. I hugged him back and then stood up.

"Okay, let's get started. So what's your project on?" I said over my shoulder, as I took his empty cup to the sink.

"Portraiture. However, there's one thing I need that I don't have." Thomas spoke slowly, making his way over to me at the sink.

"And what's that?" I called, washing up the plates from last night.

"A model."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, well I need a subject for my photographs duh, seeing as it's portraiture and all!" He grinned, before looking down at his feet, "And I was hoping it'd be you?" Stunned, I whipped round in shock.

"What? Why me?" And then something horrible dawned on me, "Wait, you're not focusing on nude models are you?!"

"Oh no no no!!" Thomas laughed, shaking his head quickly, "No, the professor wanted me to focus on natural beauty."

"So why don't you ask Steph?" I asked, slightly tilting my head.

"Well, because, Steph isn't you. She's always caked in make-up and isn't down to earth like you." He smiled, looking down at me with those eyes. Man, those eyes....

"Aww well, yeah sure I'll do it!" I blushed, turning back to the washing up and putting away the cups and plates.
So that's how our afternoon started. Thomas taking pictures for his project and me smiling, laughing and just having fun! His photo shoot was practically an excuse for us to just joke around and muck about. After about two hours, the two of us lay there, collapsed on the sofa. Thomas was clicking through the photos on his camera whilst I lay there, fidgeting with my hands.

"Hahaha! Ohhh you look so cute in this one!" Thomas cooed, chuckling quietly, as he showed me the picture on his camera.

"Oh God! I screamed out in laughter, "That's awful! Delete it now!"

"Ohhhh that's sooooo not gonna happen!" He laughed, snatching away the camera, "Don't worry, I won't show it to anyone else besides our professor, class, friends..."

"Don't you dare!" I cried. Just then, the phone started ringing. Still laughing, I pushed myself up off the sofa and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Suddenly, my eyes widened in fear as I heard the person on the other end of the phone start talking. No. Not now!