Chapter 17 - Remembering the Past

Robyn's P.O.V.
When I woke up, it was still dark. I looked around and I could just make out the furniture of my bedroom. How did I get here, I wondered as I propped myself up in bed. Suddenly, I remembered all that happened last night. I remembered mine and Steph's argument in the car. I remembered Logan, the creep who my mum tried to set me up with. I remembered shouting at my mum. And I remembered crying on a bench with Thomas by my side. With sadness and frustration washing over me, I rubbed my eyes hard. Thomas must have carried me to bed again, cause the last thing I remember was him driving us home. I smiled slightly, as I remembered him holding me in his arms as I'd cried. The way he stroked my hair and told me everything was going to be alright. I was afraid Thomas would think I was just seeking attention, but he wasn't like that at all! Smiling again, I reached out for my phone which lay on the drawers next to me. 7:00am. Urghhh, why is it so early? Sunday's were meant for lying in, not getting up early. But I couldn't sleep. I needed to talk to someone. Not wanting to wake Thomas up, I opened a new message on my phone to Charlie.

Me - Hey Charlie how's you?

After about a minute, my phone started ringing. Clearing my throat, I answered it.

"Hey Charlie!"

"Seriously Robyn? It's 7 o'clock!" Charlie whined down the phone.

"I'm sorry, but I need someone to talk to. Something really bad happened last night." And so I told her. She didn't speak at all until I'd finished my story. I started to cry a little bit when I mentioned the bit about Dan being mentioned, but Charlie understood. Charlie was the only other person who knew about Dan, besides Steph. Once I'd finished, there was a long pause before Charlie spoke.

"I'm sorry, Robyn." She sighed, "At least you had Thomas there though yeah?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "I'm so glad he was there. Oh my God I completely forgot to tell you this - when I'd stormed out crying, and Thomas started to come after me, Logan said something about me and Thomas punched him in the nose!"

"Oh my God!" Charlie laughed, making me laugh too. "Awwww, I reckon Thomas has got a crush on you Robyn!"

"What are you kidding? He's going out with Steph!" I laughed, "Thomas doesn't like me like that! We're best friends!"

"Oh come on Robyn it's obvious he likes you - he punches some guy who tries to go too far with you. He calls you love. And plus, the way he looks at you when you're not looking! And don't deny it cause I've seen it myself! He likes you Robyn!"

"You think?"

"I know!"

"Haha okay, well, he has a girlfriend so..."

"What, you mean Goddesszilla? He's gonna see that he likes you soon Robyn, he has to!" Charlie laughed.

"Mm, yeah well, I'm gonna get dressed now and put some TV on. Speak to you later?"

"Sure! I'm off to get some more sleep, seeing as someone woke me up this bloody early!" And with that she was gone. I chuckled to myself as I hung up. Thomas likes me? Is she sure? I mean, I like him as a friend and all, but the fact that he may like me. Shaking it off, I got dressed and headed into the kitchen. Time for some breakfast.

Thomas' P.O.V.
I couldn't sleep at all last night. After what had happened at Robyn's mum's house, and between me and Steph, I just couldn't sleep. I had already got around 10 missed calls from Steph, some from last night and some from this morning, but I didn't feel like calling her back. Once I'd listened to the first few voice mails, which consisted of much swearing and name calling, I couldn't take it anymore. She was mad at me, shouting down the phone asking why we left without her. She was shouting at me, saying she thought I was cheating on her with Robyn, so there was no way I was answering the phone any time soon! And I certainly didn't want to talk to her face to face.