Chapter 43 - Hospital Bed

Robyn's P.O.V.
The drive to the hospital was manic. The paramedics who were in the back of the ambulance with me and Thomas, kept shouting orders at each other, grabbing bandages, wipes and other stuff that I didn't recognise. One of them had taken Thomas' shirt off (well what was left of it anyway, seeing as it was slit and ripped), and was cleaning up the blood on his chest and arms. Clutching his hand, I ran my hand through his hair again and again. A couple times, I had to look away when all the blood and bloody wipes got a bit much for me, but most of the time I kept my eyes on Thomas' face. He'd fallen unconscious as we got him in the ambulance, most likely from the amount of blood he'd lost, and his skin was dangerously pale. I was so scared for him, right now.

After about ten minutes, the ambulance pulled up outside the hospital. I waited for the paramedics to roll Thomas out of the ambulance on the stretcher, before I got out. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. I followed them into the hospital and watched on as doctors and some of the paramedics ran down the corridor with Thomas. I craned my neck as I saw them turn a corner and go through another door. They were gone. Wiping the tears from my eyes for like, the millionth time tonight, I slowly walked over to the seating area in the reception. Slumping into a chair, I brought my legs up against my chest. Hugging them, I rocked back and forth slightly on the chair, thoughts floating around in my head. Why had I gone to that party? Why had I left Thomas? Why had Steph done this? But the last thing I thought of before my eyelids finally dropped was that I hoped Thomas was going to be alright.

"Excuse me, miss?" Someone was shaking my arm gently. My head lolled to the side causing me to awake with a start. I looked up, slightly panicked, to see a girl, probably about my age, crouched on the floor opposite me.

"Miss, you've been called to go to room 202," She smiled, "It's important." I got up suddenly, making her jump a bit.

"S-sorry," I mumbled, "Thank you!" Smiling at her, I broke into a run down the corridor. I knocked on the door to room 202, before opening it. And there he was. There were bandages all over his body (from what I could see, seeing as he was under a bed cover) and his face was bruised. His eyes were still closed.

"How is he?" I said quietly, my voice cracking at the end. I sat down slowly in the chair next to his bed, taking his hand in mine.

"He is okay, now," The doctor said, as he collected some paperwork from the bedside table, "He has suffered from quite severe head injuries and that gash on his stomach, well that will leave a scar for sure. But apart from that, your boyfriend is going to be fine!"

"Oh, he's.... he's not my boyfriend," I looked up and smiled slightly. The doctor apologised, before leaving me alone with Thomas.

"Thomas? Hey, Thomas, I'm here," I mumbled, trying to smile, but my bottom lip quivering as more tears fell, "Thomas, come on Thomas, please wake up..." I hunched my back over and leaned my head on the mattress. My shoulders shook violently as I cried. I cried and I cried and I cried. I let it all out, crying like I've never cried before. And then something touched my hand.

"Love, love why are you crying?"

My head shot up, hair stuck to my wet eyes and cheeks. Through all the blurry tears, I saw Thomas lying on his side and facing me, a small smile forming on his face.

"Oh my God Thomas!" I tried to scream, but my throat was too dry to make much sound. I jumped up off my seat and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, careful not to hurt him. The tears continued to fall, though now with happiness, and I hadn't felt this happy in ages.

"Hey, hey love don't cry," Thomas said quietly, pulling away from me. I rubbed my nose and eyes with my sleeve and looked into his eyes. They seemed to get more and more perfect, the longer I looked into them. Thomas lifted his hand and gently with his thumb, wiped a tear from my face.

"Thomas, I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have left you-" I began, but Thomas just placed a finger on my lips.

"Robyn, this-" He groaned in pain a little, as he sat himself up in the bed, "This is not your fault. And you have nothing to be sorry for okay? I love you so much!"

"I love you too!" I smiled, as we leaned in towards each other. Our lips met for only a minute, but it felt like it lasted a life time. His lips were surprisingly soft and I had missed them so much. I loved him so much.