Chapter 39 - New Years Eve

Robyn's P.O.V.
Putting my phone on the table, I sat back on the sofa next to Thomas.

"That went well..." I said slowly, turning to look at him.

"What happened? I heard a lot of laughing and giggling on your end!" He grinned, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, I kinda told her about us, and our um, kiss," I grinned back at him. He laughed.

"Ohhhhhh that's why you were giggling!" He teased.

"You sure you don't mind me going tomorrow night?" I asked, taking his hand in mine and playing with his fingers.

"And why would I mind?" He said, sitting up next to me, "Robyn, you've been great. You've stayed with me all this time. You deserve a break!" He laughed, placing his fingers under my chin and lifting my head up. I looked up into his brown eyes. Honestly, I got lost in them every time I looked into them.

"You sure?" I mumbled. It was barely audible.

"Yes, I'm positive." He smiled, leaning his forehead against mine. Smiling, I lifted my head and kissed his forehead, before lying back down with him. He pulled me closer to him, as I lay in his arms, watching our film. I loved this guy.

New Year's Eve (7pm) ...

"Thomas, I've gotta leave now!" I shouted from my bedroom, as I finished my make-up. I'd decided to wear a black dress with lacy sleeves and neckline, that came up just above my knee. I wore skin coloured tights and black combat heeled boots (just to make it that bit less girly!). My make-up was minimum, as always, with a little mascaras and dark eye shadow, and nude lipstick. That was as far as I was willing to go with it!

"Okay, I'm coming!" He called from the living room. He'd been feeling much better today. He is now able to get up and walk around for a bit without feeling sleepy or dizzy. His temperature had dropped much closer to normal, and his headaches had stopped. I was so glad he was getting better - there's nothing more rotten than spending your Christmas break ill.

"Robyn, you got everything? Your phone, your purse, your-" He stopped abruptly as he entered my room. His jaw dropped, and his eyes scanned my outfit, "Oh my God Robyn, you look amazing!" He breathed.

"Why thank you!" I blushed, as he came over and placed his hands on my waist.

"Honestly, Robyn. You look gorgeous!" He grinned, pressing his forehead against mine, "God I wish I was going. I'd get to sweep you off your feet!" I laughed at his cheesiness.

"Aw thanks Tommy!" I giggled, wrapping my arms round his neck, "Don't feel like you have to wait up for me!"

"Hey, it's New Year's Eve!" He protested, leaning in closer to me, "I'm gonna wait for my midnight kiss!" I giggled again, as I felt my cheeks turn red. Thomas chuckled.

"Aww, you're blushing," He said softly, as he lifted a strand of hair from my face, "I love it when you blush!" Grinning, I pressed my lips against his. We kissed for a minute, before I pulled away.

"Right, I'm off," I smiled, as he walked me to the door.

"Okay, have fun love? I miss you already!" I laughed as I walked into the corridor.

"Aw I miss you too! Bye!" I called, heading towards the stairs. Turning, I waved at him before heading downstairs. Time to party!

Thomas' P.O.V.
I shut the door quietly, leaning my back up against it. Wow. She had looked absolutely stunning in that dress! Grinning, I headed back into the living room and crashed on the sofa.

4 hours later...

I woke with a start, looking round the room in a panic. Had I turned the light off? Why was it so dark? Groaning, I began sitting up when I heard the front door shut. Was that Robyn? I could hear footsteps in the hallway now, making their way towards the living room.
"Robyn?" I called out into the darkness, "Robyn is that you, love?" More shuffling of feet, now closer to me. My heart was racing now. If it were Robyn, she'd have said something by now. Or at least turned the lights on surely? Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. I could hear someone breathing quietly, now right in front of me.
"Surprise!"