Chapter 5 - Food Shopping

Robyn's P.O.V.
Once I'd found my bag and Thomas had located his car keys, which just so happened to be in the dishwasher - I did ask as to why they were there of all places and he just shrugged - we were off to the shops. He offered to drive, seeing as I still haven't got my driver's license, and we talked and joked around during the journey. He seemed to be a really funny and kind guy - not forgetting to mention his good looks ;) - and I honestly hoped that we would become really good friends...

Thomas' P.O.V.
We arrived at the grocery store about an hour later - it should have only taken 20 minutes, but someone decided to hold the map upside down! So instead of simply driving through a couple of city street, we ended up on the motorway, going through country lanes and even ended up in the back of a farm - that was when we decided we'd gone the wrong way and didn't really want our chicken, and meat to be that fresh! We couldn't help but laugh when Robyn realised she was holding the map upside down. But eventually we got there. I took a few wrong turns here and there but we did get there and when we had, it felt like the accomplishment of the year!

"Oh God, sweet ground at last!" Robyn laughed, bending down to the ground and kissing it, "I thought I'd never get out of that car again!"

"Hey come on - it was mainly your fault for holding the map the bloody wrong way in the first place!" I laughed, shutting the car door as I did, "Wait a sec, are you actually kissing the ground?"

"Yep!" She said smiling, popping the 'p' as she did, "Drastic times call for drastic measures!"

"You're weird!" I said, chuckling at just the thought of her literally kissing the ground.

"Why thank you, sir!" She exclaimed. And with that we headed for the store.

"So what do we need?" I said, as we made our way down one of the isles.

"Seriously?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows, "You're living on your own and need food, and you can't think of anything you want?" I looked at her and started grinning.

"What about ice cream? " I laughed at her expression of both surprise and shock. Then all of a sudden, her expression changed from shock to a menacing grin.

"Race ya!" She shouted, running at full speed down the aisle - with the trolley I might add. Thankfully there were no people in this aisle.

"Oh you're soooo on." I grinned and started running after her. I'd been here before and I knew where the ice cream was. She didn't have a clue and if she was as bad as finding food in a store as she was reading a map, then I'd have a good long time to get there. Taking a right I headed down a couple isles and there it was at the end - the ice cream. I paused for a breath, only to be rushed past by a trolley and a blur. Looking closely, I suddenly realised it was Robyn - 'Man, she must have caught up pretty quick.' I thought. I sprinted after her as fast as I could.

"Haha" I laughed, looking back at her as I past the trolley. "See ya at the finish!" However, whilst looking back at her I couldn't see where I was going. Turning around again to face the finish line, I ran straight into a high stack of toilet rolls. I hit the floor with a smack, toilet rolls falling all around me as I did. Slightly dazed, I looked up just in time to see Robyn lose control of the trolley. I squinted my eyes shut as I heard the clatter of the trolley hit the floor. But that wasn't the worst part. Robyn herself, fell right on top of me, so the two of us were lying there on the floor amongst the trolley and toilet roll so! Lifting her head off the floor, she looked at me, her face blushing.

"You alright there?" I said raising my eyebrows. But we couldn't hold it in anymore. The two of us just started laughing as hard as it were possible.

"You idiot!" She laughed, rolling on the floor as she did, tears streaming down her face, "That was sooooo funny!" I didn't have the energy to say anything in return. I was laughing so much that my stomach actually hurt. After what felt like an eternity of laughing, I stood up and gave her my hand. She took it and pulled herself up. Once we'd brushed ourselves down, carefully re-stacked the toilet rolls and pulled up the trolley, we headed towards the ice cream.

"Ohhhh Ben and Jerry's!" I cheered, grabbing three tubs of it. Ben and Jerry's was my absolute favourite!

"Whoa remember we have to budget right?" I laughed, grabbing an extra-large crate of the shop's simple range, mint choc chip ice cream. "This simple stuff is just as nice, you get more in it and it's cheaper!"

"Fine," I whined putting two tubs back, "But I'm keeping one of them!" Laughing she turned the trolley and headed towards the meat aisle. About two hours passed and we finally had enough food to feed an entire army! After paying and packing we headed towards the car. It took a long time but we managed to squeeze everything in. 20 minutes passed and we were back home. We loaded everything into the lift, after much grumbling from Robyn about how the lift had claimed to be out of order earlier, and headed up to our dorm.