Chapter 10 - Pancakes

Thomas' P.O.V.
Beep beep
Beep beep

What the hell was that noise...?

Beep beep
Beep beep

I woke up with a start. My alarm was going off at full volume, and it had practically given me a heart attack. With my heart beating at about 50 million beats a minute, I reached out my arm and slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. 'There we go' I thought, rolling back on my back and shutting my eyes. Peace at last.

BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP

BLOODY HELL! I shot out of bed and picked up the clock. I started slamming the bloody clock on my bedside table. Stop! Why won't you stop? Now I was getting frustrated. With a grunt, I leaned over and pulled the plug for the alarm clock out of the wall. 'Yes, finally!' I thought, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I stood up and walked over to the door, my feet dragging along the floor as I went. Opening my door, I looked up to see Robyn's bedroom door was still shut. Lucky thing - still asleep. Mind you, she probably doesn't have a psycho alarm clock. Then I remembered last night, and grinned as I thought of it. God, she really hadn't gone down without a fight! Chuckling to myself, I sleepily walking into the kitchen. What was that music?

Opening the kitchen door - was it shut last night? - I looked up and stood there in shock. I rubbed my eyes again, making sure I was actually awake. Robyn was there, her back to me, in Spider-Man pyjamas, and dancing around like a maniac to the song 'Shake It Off' by Taylor Swift, which was playing on the radio. There she was, swinging her hips and nodding her head back and forth in time with the music.

"What are you doing?" I laughed. She jumped about a foot in the air, and whipped around.

"Bloody hell, Thomas you almost gave me a heart attack!" She exclaimed, placing her hand over her heart and breathing heavily.

"Morning to you too! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! I just came in here to get some breakfast and found you in here dancing like a maniac! I soooo wish I had a camera with me!" I chuckled walking over towards her, "What's that smell?"

"Eh-hem," she cleared her throat, "I think you'll find I wasn't dancing like a maniac! And I'm bloody glad you didn't have a camera!" She laughed. Boy, I loved that laugh.

"And as for the smell," She added, returning her attention to whatever she was doing, "I'm cooking pancakes!"

"Oh my God are you?" I asked happily, jogging over to her side to see. There was a stack of about 10 pancakes on a plate and it looked like she was cooking more. "I love pancakes!"

"I'd be worried if you didn't!" She winked, and starting shaking her hips and nodding her head again. I also noticed that she was moving her lips to the lyrics of the song. She looked up at me and noticed that I was watching her dance. She just grinned cheekily and continued dancing and cooking.

"Okay, I'll set the table," I continued laughing quietly as I turned towards the breakfast bar. Robyn joined me, with the mountain of pancakes and together we sat down and started eating. God, these were good pancakes. I continued to wolf down my food when I looked up to see Robyn watching me, her fork held half way up to her mouth.

"What?" I asked with a mouth full of food.

"I'm sorry, I just have to ask," She began, suppressing what I thought was a laugh, "But what the hell have you done to your hair?"

"Huh?" I asked, confused. She grabbed her phone off of the table, and before I could do anything, took a picture of me. She laughed as she looked at it, and flipped her phone round for me to see. Bloody hell! My hair looked like I'd been dragged through about a dozen bushes! It was all over the place! Having seen my expression, Robyn was now in a right state - laughing hard and holding her stomach as she did.

"Aw c'mon it's not that bad!" I smiled, handing her back the phone, "Anyways, I kinda like it messed up."
Still laughing, Robyn continued eating her pancakes. Now that she wasn't looking at me, I managed to get an actual good look at her. She had kind of copper coloured hair, that had streaks of red and blonde in it. It was wavy and long, and was slightly ruffled from her sleep. Her skin was pale, with few freckles on her arms and face. But the most striking thing about her was her eyes. They were dark brown in colour, and reminded me of melted chocolate. Every time I looked at her, I seemed to just get lost in them...

"Hellooooooo???" Robyn was waving her hands in front of me.

"Sorry, did you say something?" I said, shaking my head and bringing myself back to reality.

"Awww now are you checking me out?" She smiled, winking as she stood up and left with both our plates.

"Oh no I wasn't!" I protested, "I was just wondering why you were wearing Spider-Man pyjamas? Aren't they for boys?"

"Haha! Yeah they were boy's pyjamas," She said giggling, as she began washing up the dishes, "But I decided to cut the trousers into shorts and to cut the neckline of the shirt so that it looked more like a tank top kinda thing."

"Oh cool!" I replied, joining her to put away the plates. I will admit they do look pretty good on her! She obviously didn't care what people thought of her, that was for certain. I mean, she just admitted to me she was wearing pyjamas that were meant for boys, and she had happily continued dancing in front of me without a care in the world! I liked that about her.

"Anyways," She said looking up at me. She was a little bit shorter than me, but not by much. "I've got to get ready for my art class. It's in like, an hour so I'll see you later?" Smiling, she reached up and ruffled my hair with her fingers. "I prefer you with messy hair anyway." And with that she walked out of the kitchen and into her bedroom.